• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Churchill Knight & Boox clients being investigated as Managed Service Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAA View Post
    Yes i believe i got the same letter, this would have been addressed to you personally as you are a named person. You will also receive a letter addressed to your limited company similar to last year for both PAYE and NICs
    I think this is it. I received today another, same letter addressed to company. However, it is another massive amount to pay on top of what i already am expected to pay personally based on Regulation 80 determination letters. It is twice as much. All added together, per year, it is roughly 80% of my company's yearly incomes. Is this even possible? Are all this amounts actually added together?

Comment

I have also just received the National Insurance letter addressed to me, the individual, not the company. Am I right in thinking this letter addressed to me (the individual) can be ignored, but the one which will (in the coming days I imagine) be sent to the company will need to be appealed?

Comment

Originally posted by yama View Post
        I have also just received the National Insurance letter addressed to me, the individual, not the company. Am I right in thinking this letter addressed to me (the individual) can be ignored, but the one which will (in the coming days I imagine) be sent to the company will need to be appealed?
        looks like i am in the same situation. received NI letters to myself and my company together with new determinations and it looks now i will have to appeal to all, to NI letter and 2018/19 and 2019/20 determinations.

Comment

Boox actually sent me a template to appeal against latest determination and NIC payment letters from HMRC, on a weekend, only 2 days after i notified them about these latest letters.

Comment

I'll likely appeal through David Kirk again once the letter addressed to the company arrives. But I guess these NI letters addressed to me (the individual) only and not the company can be ignored?

Comment

Originally posted by yama View Post
              I'll likely appeal through David Kirk again once the letter addressed to the company arrives. But I guess these NI letters addressed to me (the individual) only and not the company can be ignored?
              I am confused. What letter have you had addressed to you personally?

The NI letter (Notice of Decision) is sent to the company.

It literally says you need to appeal within 30 days. So no you should not ignore it. You should appeal within 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Incognito View Post

I am confused. What letter have you had addressed to you personally?

The NI letter (Notice of Decision) is sent to the company.

It literally says you need to appeal within 30 days. So no you should not ignore it. You should appeal within 30 days.
                The exact same NI (Notice of Decision) letter was sent to me personally as well as to the company. The one sent to the company has been appealed, but I imagine I don't have to appeal the one sent to me personally separately as an individual?

Comment

Ah ok - I never got that one.

Comment

The amount on this latest NIC payments letter sent to my company (and me, as director) is almost as much as for all three years of regulation 80 determinations i have to pay personally. This amounts just keep on adding up left and right. Few more letters and i will have to pay more than my company actually earned as gross income in all these three years. Anxiety is getting real now.

Comment

Originally posted by gikap View Post
                      The amount on this latest NIC payments letter sent to my company (and me, as director) is almost as much as for all three years of regulation 80 determinations i have to pay personally. This amounts just keep on adding up left and right. Few more letters and i will have to pay more than my company actually earned as gross income in all these three years. Anxiety is getting real now.
                      The numbers will be a fairy story at this stage. If possible, try not to focus on those and put your efforts into preparing/evidencing your situation.

Comment

Working...
                      X