• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Churchill Knight & Boox clients being investigated as Managed Service Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CA100 View Post

This is based on stock market investing. It's based on personal money as my business is closed, so a different situation from those looking at paying from business account. Although I guess may be possible to invest business funds in stock market?
    However, Dealornodeal raises a good point - as interest rates rise the (potential) cost of not making a payment on account also rises. It may reach a tipping point of making more financial sense to pay on account.

Comment

Seems some positive news on the CK portal this evening.

Comment

Please share for us poor Boox souls....

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
          Seems some positive news on the CK portal this evening.
          Bit vague but positive news.

CK said:

HMRC confirmed they have been contacted by several MPs, Senior HMRC Representatives will discuss this investigation further and how it can be concluded.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Originally posted by stuckWithCK View Post

Bit vague but positive news.

CK said:

HMRC confirmed they have been contacted by several MPs, Senior HMRC Representatives will discuss this investigation further and how it can be concluded.
            If MPs are involved they can’t actually kill it - that would mean HMRC admitting they have screwed up which they simply won’t do…
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

This reinforces what I've said about the 'experts' then. As the 'experts' or one of the 'experts' claimed getting parliamentary pressure and help was the way to kill this ultimately.

I thought the news was positive personally but seriously I have no idea anymore which is why PoA and effectively writing it off was my way to deal with this

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
                This reinforces what I've said about the 'experts' then. As the 'experts' or one of the 'experts' claimed getting parliamentary pressure and help was the way to kill this ultimately.

I thought the news was positive personally but seriously I have no idea anymore which is why PoA and effectively writing it off was my way to deal with this
                Hmmmm ... wondering whether todays IR35 news means that HMRC's focus will now become firmly fixed on the MSC legislation going forwards?

Comment

Originally posted by mogga71 View Post

Hmmmm ... wondering whether todays IR35 news means that HMRC's focus will now become firmly fixed on the MSC legislation going forwards?
                  Yep - it's the only attack path HMRC have left because Chapter 8 IR35 investigations are too resource and time expensive for the tax recovered.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Quite possibly, although I'd bear in mind that Chapter 10 will have been in force for two tax years and any investigations under Chapter 10 will be live through 2027, ordinarily, and these might in turn generate some interesting follow-up cases under the post 2023 (aka back to the future, presumably Chapter 8) rules.

Comment

Maybe but this Government probably won't like HMRC using (abusing) the MSC legislation as an alternative (contrived) way of attacking one-man bands.

I reckon there's a chance that HMRC may drop the CK/Boox investigations after the "internal review" mentioned above. We'll see...
                      Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 24 September 2022, 05:59.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X