• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Churchill Knight & Boox clients being investigated as Managed Service Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry who are WTT? And has anybody actually been removed for the 50% rule yet?

Comment

Originally posted by isaaaaaaaaccc View Post
      Google is your friend. They used to post quite frequently here and formed "big group" a while ago. They were chased away by a vocal minority campaign against them. I have no axe to grind one way or the other. I have no idea what happened to big group. If you search for posts by a user webberg, you will see for yourself.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by isaaaaaaaaccc View Post
        Over 73 CK clients had their determinations cancelled/retracted I have previously shared why MSC legislation did not apply for all the years of the investigation others on here may share why theirs have been cancelled.

As of today I still don't know if my company has been removed from the investigation as a whole or had legislation correctly applied to 17/18 (and 18/19). I suspect HMRC are in no rush to allow the account payments to be sent back either.

I would guess (guess) some of the 73 have the 50% rule, some are struck off and some have the employee legislation applied.

This is why I have said all along gather every little bit of evidence you have and get someone to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Including salary?

Sure, speak to WTT, especially if it's far below 50% of the invoiced amount (ex VAT).
          Yeah dividends and salary was around 24%, goes up higher if we include expenses but I assume it doesnt but even if it does then im still under 50%

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

Over 73 CK clients had their determinations cancelled/retracted I have previously shared why MSC legislation did not apply for all the years of the investigation others on here may share why theirs have been cancelled.

As of today I still don't know if my company has been removed from the investigation as a whole or had legislation correctly applied to 17/18 (and 18/19). I suspect HMRC are in no rush to allow the account payments to be sent back either.

I would guess (guess) some of the 73 have the 50% rule, some are struck off and some have the employee legislation applied.

This is why I have said all along gather every little bit of evidence you have and get someone to look at it.

Do you know if any Boox clients had similar treatment, or if HMRC has only looked at the CK ones so far?

Comment

Originally posted by antuk View Post

Yeah dividends and salary was around 24%, goes up higher if we include expenses but I assume it doesnt but even if it does then im still under 50%
              Then, by all means, ask WTT why you haven't been removed.

Comment

It’s all payments including expenses…the intention is to remove any tax advantage compared to an employee…. And generally employees can’t claim expenses such as travelling to work..

Comment

Do you know if any Boox clients had similar treatment, or if HMRC has only looked at the CK ones so far?
                  I don't I'm afraid. CK have been very pro-active with HMRC. From what I hear Boox's clients haven't been getting a similar level of service.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevalier View Post

It’s all payments including expenses…the intention is to remove any tax advantage compared to an employee…. And generally employees can’t claim expenses such as travelling to work..
                    I assume this doesn't include company specific costs - public liability insurance, business bank account costs etc, stuff a normal employee wouldn't incur

Comment

I assume this doesn't include company specific costs - public liability insurance, business bank account costs etc, stuff a normal employee wouldn't incur
                      Probably not - if paid directly.

On the other hand you will need to include any payments (salaries, dividends etc) paid to a wife, partner etc

Comment

Working...
                      X