• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Churchill Knight & Boox clients being investigated as Managed Service Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

Why? Care to elaborate further? Thanks.
    No not really, not with the number of spies on here.

Comment

I don't think it's hard to guess why. They did make a massive blunder asking for 10%.

Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
        I don't think it's hard to guess why. They did make a massive blunder asking for 10%.
        Will PM you later

Comment

Thanks, I'm struggling to see how things can be worse than they are to be honest.

One thing for certain is that I wouldn't give either CK or boox a penny if they came asking me. If they couldn't strangle the inquiry at the outset before if got any momentum, I have little confidence they can do so now.

Much more important is for an individual to prepare their own in depth evidence to refute alleged MSC status.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

Thanks, I'm struggling to see how things can be worse than they are to be honest.

One thing for certain is that I wouldn't give either CK or boox a penny if they came asking me. If they couldn't strangle the inquiry at the outset before if got any momentum, I have little confidence they can do so now.

Much more important is for an individual to prepare their own in depth evidence to refute alleged MSC status.
            Yes very important I agree and I have been advocating this for a long time.

CK have yet to prove they weren't the P that's true but I think that's more because HMRC don't want to go after them and don't want to take on that fight, HMRC would much rather go for the low hanging (incriminating) fruit is much easier to attack.

CK did get HMRC to look at 73 companies some of whom were removed because they don't fit as being an MSC. So who knows.

Comment

*Boox Client*
              I've just received my letter for the NIC determination (approx £37k) as well as the previous £11k determination for the first year. As a Boot customer I did use the portal but:
              • Changed the payment amounts manually each month
              • Always told them what to set my salary at
              • Paid the amount of CT, Dividend Tax and Personal tax that the portal calculated
              At this point I have no idea what the status of the investigations will be but I have a more important question.

At the moment the debt to HMRC stands at £48k. I earn on PAYE £70k (now full time so to avoid all the contracting stress). I have no savings and my business account is closed and empty (as I am trying to wind up my business but it seems HMRC have objected when the DS01 was in the Gazette).

So I can't afford to have a POA, or arrange a TTP. Even if I used up all my 'non-essential' monthly pay I could at most pay 1,000. This would mean I was not spending any money on anything BUT Bills and Food...so no Christmas, no budgeting for school clothes, no flex when the mortgage and energy bills increase).

Are HMRC going to force me to sell my house? What can they do to claim the money? Are they going to take all our TV's, Electronic Devices, Cars to sell at auction?). I'm a bit at my wits end as now feeling that the debt far exceeds what they will agree to and now look at selling up the family home to be able to cover the liabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
                CK have yet to prove they weren't the P that's true but I think that's more because HMRC don't want to go after them and don't want to take on that fight...
                I suspect it's more a case of HMRC aren't listening. They've got an agenda, and I reckon they're hell bent on having this tested in court where there's always a chance a judge (ie. the establishment) may side with them.

The mindset in HMRC stinks but it is what it is. They don't have to account for the public money they piss away, so they can take a punt on any old crap.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I suspect it's more a case of HMRC aren't listening. They've got an agenda, and I reckon they're hell bent on having this tested in court where there's always a chance a judge (ie. the establishment) may side with them.

The mindset in HMRC stinks but it is what it is. They don't have to account for the public money they piss away, so they can take a punt on any old crap.
                  Yip

Comment

Originally posted by geekergosum View Post
                    *Boox Client*
                    I've just received my letter for the NIC determination (approx £37k) as well as the previous £11k determination for the first year. As a Boot customer I did use the portal but:
                    • Changed the payment amounts manually each month
                    • Always told them what to set my salary at
                    • Paid the amount of CT, Dividend Tax and Personal tax that the portal calculated
                    At this point I have no idea what the status of the investigations will be but I have a more important question.

At the moment the debt to HMRC stands at £48k. I earn on PAYE £70k (now full time so to avoid all the contracting stress). I have no savings and my business account is closed and empty (as I am trying to wind up my business but it seems HMRC have objected when the DS01 was in the Gazette).

So I can't afford to have a POA, or arrange a TTP. Even if I used up all my 'non-essential' monthly pay I could at most pay 1,000. This would mean I was not spending any money on anything BUT Bills and Food...so no Christmas, no budgeting for school clothes, no flex when the mortgage and energy bills increase).

Are HMRC going to force me to sell my house? What can they do to claim the money? Are they going to take all our TV's, Electronic Devices, Cars to sell at auction?). I'm a bit at my wits end as now feeling that the debt far exceeds what they will agree to and now look at selling up the family home to be able to cover the liabilities.
                    Try to stay strong my friend, this is a dreadful situation right now.

First thing to remember here is your current liability does not account for the amount of Corporation Tax, Dividend Tax and personal NIC you have paid already. HMRC SHOULD NOT be able to double tax you (us). First thing to do is to work out what you paid in CT, DT and your personal NIC for the years involved.

I saw someone post elsewhere in a private group (not CUK) that the Employers NIC is most likely to be the figure you will be liable for along with the PAYE (minus CT, DT) as long as, HMRC agree to give you back your CT, DT and your personal NIC.

That's the best of a bad situation of course but probably going to be about right. Multiply your Employers NIC by the years involved and you won't be too far off your total liability (if the case is lost) interest notwithstanding of course but if you can't pay on account and I suspect the majority can't.

As to your personal situation, HMRC cannot take your home! over this especially if you have under 18s in the home as you seem to, they can ultimately put a charge against your home if it came to that dreadful place, your MP would never allow you to become homeless over this, neither any court in the land.

HMRC can yes take your possessions (Car etc., but who cares about a car?) but there are strict rules again around this, with you having young children too (by the sounds of it).

A TTP is not so bad you know, your MP can help you here and your CAB etc.,

Trust me on this I had a much bigger liability thanks to the EBT, Loan schemes I got mixed up in. You get through it. I had a very long TTP and I have to say HMRC were quite accommodating on this.

My only advice would be think very hard if you are tempted to re-mortgage your house to pay the debt, the way interest rates are rising it may not be the best move and of course your house truly is at risk from mortgage companies (who are allowed to take your home).

In the meantime gather everything together you can to prove you weren't an MSC in case it comes down to individual fights.

Also maybe lobby Boox and their solicitors to join up with CK who do seem to have a much better approach.

We are here for you.

Comment

I've heard of people getting TTPs as long as 20 years if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                      X