• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letter from HMRC regarding possible involvement in Tax avoidance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    I find it hard to understand how any scheme is still able to operate.

They must rely on recruitment agencies being lax (or complicit).

I know, in the past, schemes used UK front companies to try and make themselves look like regular brollies but surely agencies aren't still falling for that?
    Checking for compliance is hard work and might not be perfect.

And all most agents want is to an easy life, to offload work (payroll is hard work) and for many firms some extra cash in the form of commission payments.

Dodgy umbrellas can offer very big kickbacks and until recently there has been zero real risk.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

Fascinating, Google doesn't seem to have heard of them. The nearest hit is on page two and is an American credit card payment gateway, or something. Piques my interest no end.
      Use Bing then, based in Warrington, been going for 2 years. Net assets -£3K

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/c...ctober%202020.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post

Use Bing then, based in Warrington, been going for 2 years. Net assets -£3K

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/c...ctober%202020.
        The point was they have no website - so no marketing site and not even a portal for admin purposes.

That doesn't make much sense in this day and age unless something is dodgy or in stealth mode.

Comment

If they are that elusive, I wonder how the OP found out about them? Recommended by the agency perhaps, or another contractor?
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            If they are that elusive, I wonder how the OP found out about them? Recommended by the agency perhaps, or another contractor?
            I would guess agency recommendation but we are definitely missing something here - I just can't work out exactly what.

Comment

Well the I got to them via the agency.

Or rather the agency put me in touch with a broker who offered two options either full PAYE or some enhanced PAYE scheme.

Given the fact that I was aware of all these schemes I explicitly stated i wanted a full PAYE, none of these schemes. Then when i got the umbrella name i googled them and did, at the time, find their web on google without any trouble and they looked legit.

Again when speaking to them was assuted full PAYE and all the documents I have, including the data they submit to HMRC appears to show full PAYE deductions.

So that is why i was surprised by the letter given all these assurances it is all full PAYE and i do get only the single payment i to my account with appatently propet tax and NI deducted if one uses online tax calculators.

Thank you everyone for your input again.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I would guess agency recommendation but we are definitely missing something here - I just can't work out exactly what.
                Given the state of the "umbrella's" accounts, I would suggest they are merely a mouthpiece for something a bit bigger, maybe a MUC? Shame we can't see their cashflow.

And I also think this looks like an agency-provided umbrella, rather than a genuine business.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Given the state of the "umbrella's" accounts, I would suggest they are merely a mouthpiece for something a bit bigger, maybe a MUC? Shame we can't see their cashflow.

And I also think this looks like an agency-provided umbrella, rather than a genuine business.
                  I would be more curious about Quantum PAYE (a sister company whose voluntary liquidation has been blocked that has an interesting name connected with previous schemes).

As I said something doesn't add up here (and without the daily / hourly rate we don't know what's happening).

Now it may be an the Mini umbrella companies (MUC) are involved but I'm not so sure about that (MUCs make more sense on a business basis for those earning less than £40k or so a year). Equally it may well be that the RTI submissions are being sent but the money isn't being sent to HMRC.

But I just don't know. I know that the OPs daily rate would allow me to work out in what way the payslip is dodgy but at the moment all I can say is something is clearly wrong but I can't work out what is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

The point was they have no website - so no marketing site and not even a portal for admin purposes.

That doesn't make much sense in this day and age unless something is dodgy or in stealth mode.
                    Really? are you sure? https://turnkeypaymentsolutions. com
                    Last edited by cojak; 16 July 2021, 16:19. Reason: Removed link

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post

Really? are you sure? https://turnkeypaymentsolutions. com
                      Cheers, it appears if I search on bing, but google doesn't include it - which is again strange

Also only the home page exists, none of the other pages do.

Comment

Working...
                      X