• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letter from HMRC regarding possible involvement in Tax avoidance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmy899 View Post
    So a brief update.

Never heard back from HMRC in regards to the authenticity to the letter, despite they assuring me during the phonecall they will get in touch.

Instead i did get another letter from them asking me to provide documentation, correspondence, bank statements, payslips relating to my association with this umbrella company so that they can check if i have paid the right amount of tax. And they are asking for this for the period between april 2020 and august 2021.

Anyone had similar request from them?
    Thanks for the update. It seems then that the original communication was genuine, unless the latest one is a scam too? I presume you switched brollies after you started to get concerned?
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Actually what happened is the umbrella out of the blue sent me a P45 and wished me luck in the future (this happened in between these two HMRC letters).

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy899 View Post
        Actually what happened is the umbrella out of the blue sent me a P45 and wished me luck in the future (this happened in between these two HMRC letters).
        Well done, wishing you luck. Hopefully the figures stack up and you're home and dry soon.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I will let you guys know when i get a verdict from HMRC on this subject.

Comment

Working...
          X