• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I suspect that they didn't reckon on a Contractor's forum where people could come and compare notes, and have very clever and motivated regulars or Mods and Admins who have seen it all before...
    But we've seen enough evidence of them complaining about this forum in the past so that can't be true.

I think they were trying to be clever here and have simply over egged the pudding without grasping how serious the consequences of that email's false claims are (contempt of court leading to Jail is a very possible outcome).
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 5 February 2021, 11:49.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      But you can contact the IoM Office of Fair Trading, can't you?
      Oh completely, i just mean that i cant afford any legal representation going forward, ill still be doing what I can, hence the email already fired off to IoM ombudsman. Looks like my day is sorted.....!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        But we've seen enough evidence of them complaining about this forum in the past so that can't be true.
        True - I was probably bigging us up a bit too much there.

A little* stupidity and greed can go a loooonnnnggggway...

*A lot, actually.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Ironically, thats where Santanders fraud department is based....

[QUOTE=eek;2858115]But we've seen enough evidence of them complaining about this forum in the past so that can't be true.

I think they were trying to be clever here and have simply over egged the pudding without grasping how serious the consequences of that email's false claims are (contempt of court leading to Jail is a very possible outcome).

Oh 1 final thing now we know that the Doncaster Court story is false do we know which bank that bank account belongs to.

Raising a few complaints regarding fraud attached to the Doncaster story may be enough to get the bank to close the account down especially if someone could suggest to Doncaster court that they raise a complaint with the bank.
          Last edited by Contractor UK; 5 February 2021, 11:51.

Comment

Originally posted by GotScrewed View Post
            Ironically, thats where Santanders fraud department is based....
            A wonder if they will actually do something proactive for once then...

It would be a bit embarrassing if Santander don't

Comment

Originally posted by GotScrewed View Post
              Oh completely, i just mean that i cant afford any legal representation going forward, ill still be doing what I can, hence the email already fired off to IoM ombudsman. Looks like my day is sorted.....!!
              I actually doubt it's going to go much further now - the overplayed hand means everyone now has categoric proof that they lied (albeit about a UK rather than an IoM court).

Which means you can call into question every piece of evidence they have that your loan is valid.

As I said earlier this morning - in 1 sentence and 11 words they've gone from a (potentially) valid case to absolutely nothing.

And it couldn't have happened to a nicer (sarcasm) bunch of <mod snip>
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 4 February 2021, 12:10. Reason: Need to be careful here

Comment

Oh and if anyone has paid them money - I suspect Doncaster County Court would look favourable on a claim for recovering money collected under false pretenses.

Comment

Just a thought guys, most big companies have a social media team/person looking after their public images. Some negative stuff on Santander's twitter feed may get their wheels turning a little quicker.

Comment

as if it couldn't get any worse - sorry these guys need to be shut down

Just received another email from our friends in my spam folder.

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXX

Please note that our letter to you yesterday, headed "Felicitas in Court", gave the wrong date for the court hearing mentioned. The case was insolvency number 0017 of 2020 at the County Court in Doncaster and the hearing took place on Wednesday 27th January 2021. We also wish to clarify that the hearing in question ordered another debtor to pay our costs and not you. We apologize for any confusion caused.

Yours sincerely
                    Felicitas Solutions Limited

WTF

Anyone else getting these?
                    Last edited by happychap; 4 February 2021, 12:19.

Comment

hmm, doesnt really change too much......given that Doncaster doesnt have any record at any date....

I havent got this yet, im going to do a test....to see if i do at the exact same time as i did yesterday.

Did you by any chance respond to them yesterday?

Comment

Working...
                      X