• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by happychap View Post
    There was never a case for Felicitas or any of their other organizations associated that took place on the 28th of Jan or ever.

The County court manager has confirmed this and is indeed calling this a scam and a waste of court's time, they are also doing some investigation work into this.

The suggestion was to take it up with the Police and MP as it's fraud and they are trying to defraud people of monies that are not due.
    Well at least that corroborates what i was told too.

Email being pinged off to the IoM financial ombudsman right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonerous View Post
      This was also my thought. Erring on the side of caution, would Felicitas be naïve enough to issue a a very specific statement that could be proved demonstrably false via a simple phone call and potentially impact their chance of recouping the loans? Maybe, maybe not. Frankly little surprises me any more where this matter is concerned.

As someone caught up in this mess (albeit I have legal representation) I'll be watching closely how this unfolds.
      And I think we now have an answer - which is Yes they are that stupid.

Remember Felicitas may or may not have ownership of the loans but they are definitely cheapstakes and have been doing everything they can to avoid having to spend actual money.

But that email oversteps the mark (in a lot of ways) and Felicitas has finally as I said earlier screwed up.

So send them an email saying that you never received a statutory demand and that you dispute that owe them money.

Then report it to the police, Hackney Trading standards and the IoM Trading Standards / FSA and wait to see what happens.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Felicitas letter re Doncaster court hearing

I to recieved said email re above.
        Since their first contact back on Jan 2019 I have repeatedly asked for hard copy documents showing with my signature on that I knowingly signed a loan agreement they have not responded!
        Since then they have sent many emails giving various amounts to settle I have refused all based on the fact they have not produced that which I requested.
        They set up a URL for metro see documents they had bit that was.just statements and an "Assignment of Loan Agreement"
        between a 3empty company and themselves this does not be army signature and as I understand the law any transfer of loans to another the recumbent has to be notified NO such was recieved.

Comment

So one final question - how do we ensure other people who have received emails from Felicitas yesterday find these posts and tell Felicitas where to go?
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            So one final question - how do we ensure other people who have received emails from Felicitas yesterday find these posts and tell Felicitas where to go?
            A good question eek!

For now I will add this, in case they receive any Statutory Demands:
            Originally posted by cojak View Post
            If the scheme was based in the IoM and you don’t consider it a loan, then you can just dispute based on that.

Look here at how to challenge: Make and serve a statutory demand, or challenge one : Challenge a statutory demand - GOV.UK

And here is form IAA... Form IAA: Apply to the court about an insolvency issue ('application notice') - GOV.UK
            How to apply
            Download and fill in form IAA.

Make 3 copies of the completed form and either post them to the court named on your statutory demand or give them to the court in person.

What happens next
            You’ll usually hear back from the court within 10 working days of applying.

If the court does not agree with your application, it can give the creditor permission to issue a bankruptcy petition against you.

If the court agrees with your application, your case will be passed on to a bankruptcy registrar. They’ll look at your case and arrange a hearing.

What happens at the hearing
            Both sides will present their case to a registrar or judge. They’ll either make a decision then, or ask you and the other party to give more evidence at another hearing.

You’ll usually get a decision at the end of the final hearing.

If you win your case, you’ll get an order from the court setting aside the statutory demand. The deadline for paying the debt will be suspended.

If you lose, you’ll have to pay back your debt within the 21 day time limit. The creditor can apply to bankrupt you if you do not pay in time and your debt is £5,000 or more.
            Just to note, set-asides are the only things we’ve heard about in these types of cases. It’s almost as if judges are annoyed at SD’s being abused in such a fashion...
            But first, call the court to find out if a Statutory Demand has actually been raised against you in the first place.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

There was never a case for Felicitas or any of their other organizations associated that took place on the 28th of Jan or ever.

The County court manager has confirmed this and is indeed calling this a scam and a waste of court's time, they are also doing some investigation work into this.

The suggestion was to take it up with the Police and MP as it's fraud and they are trying to defraud people of monies that are not due.
              How on earth could they have been so utterly stupid.....this defies belief if I'm honest. They were unsettling enough people to start getting some form of payments coming in, now, unless we're all missing something, they've well and truly cooked their goose.

Did they really think that nobody would check ?

Comment

Agree

Originally posted by MrO666 View Post
                How on earth could they have been so utterly stupid.....this defies belief if I'm honest. They were unsettling enough people to start getting some form of payments coming in, now, unless we're all missing something, they've well and truly cooked their goose.

Yep, pretty stupid.

I've already reached out to my MP and also Action Fraud Police, I would suggest everyone does the same.

The poor Doncaster team is being bombarded. I'm sure they don't want this taking their time either.

I'm also engaging now with a Debt Lawyer to dispute the debt.

My hope that Felicitas gives up - if your reading this, now is the time, there is enough sh*t in the world right now without people like you.

Comment

Originally posted by MrO666 View Post

I suspect that they didn't reckon on a Contractor's forum where people could come and compare notes, and have very clever and motivated regulars or Mods and Admins who have seen it all before...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Yep, pretty stupid.

I've already reached out to my MP and also Action Fraud Police, I would suggest everyone does the same.

The poor Doncaster team is being bombarded. I'm sure they don't want this taking their time either.

I'm also engaging now with a Debt Lawyer to dispute the debt.

My hope that Felicitas gives up - if your reading this, now is the time, there is enough sh*t in the world right now without people like you.
                    Im very glad this might be getting some traction, id be very interested to hear what your lawyer says on this matter. Sadly for me, i cant afford any more legal representation, ive already been taken to the cleaners for the backdated tax, so anything else im on my own

Comment

Originally posted by GotScrewed View Post
                      Im very glad this might be getting some traction, id be very interested to hear what your lawyer says on this matter. Sadly for me, i cant afford any more legal representation, ive already been taken to the cleaners for the backdated tax, so anything else im on my own
                      But you can contact the IoM Office of Fair Trading, can't you?

Comment

Working...
                      X