• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shay58 View Post
    Yes, I agree and I will get a solicitor to set aside the SD to put a stop to it.

Does anyone know if a SD can be sent to a person when the original account was under the company name, should it be addressed to the company and not the individual?
    The trust is trying to recover the money paid into your own personal bank account - what has any company got to do with it?
    Last edited by eek; 18 November 2020, 11:54.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      The trust is trying to recover the money paid into your own personal bank account - what has any company got to do with it?
      Of course, fair point.

Comment

Felicitas: Identify

<mod snip>... <mod snip - you claim to know a name, but then say "unless someone knows otherwise" - please do not name individuals if you are as unsure are you!>
        She is the one. Unless someone knows otherwise.

IDENTIFY

Comment

So contact Elysium Law Chambers this morning after receiving a statutory demand from our good friends Felicitas.

Due to sheer amount of people in this position they will be putting everyone together as one group, today is the last day you can join this group.

So if you have recently received a Statutory Demand and are looking for someone to represent you, you need to contact Elysium today.

Comment

So you don't know and have zero actual evidence that that person is involved.

Comment

Statuary Demand Felicitas

Thanks for all the advice.

I have found 2 Lawyers. Speaking to main one today

Two points.

I have not got mine still do I chase Felicitas saying not been received?
              With Covid record delivery does not need to be signed for! So what happens if you dont leave at that address and people just put it in the bin!

Why cannot Felicitas be fined over data protection act? They are randomly emailing people confidential information, is the guy sending these out registered with Information Commissioner

Comment

Originally posted by monkey99 View Post
                Thanks for all the advice.

I have found 2 Lawyers. Speaking to main one today

Two points.

I have not got mine still do I chase Felicitas saying not been received?
                With Covid record delivery does not need to be signed for! So what happens if you dont leave at that address and people just put it in the bin!

Why cannot Felicitas be fined over data protection act? They are randomly emailing people confidential information, is the guy sending these out registered with Information Commissioner
                Why would you engage felicitas over a not yet received SD? I’d personally only engage to negotiate a write off. Unless I’m
                Missing something ?

Comment

Originally posted by DanJackiels View Post
                  Why would you engage felicitas over a not yet received SD? I’d personally only engage to negotiate a write off. Unless I’m
                  Missing something ?
                  i) Statutory demand issued (to your old address)
                  ii) Felicitas go to court and say they have served it and start bankruptcy proceedings

iii) the next time you know there is a problem is when your bank asks about your bankruptcy order.

Now I (and others) suspect they aren't going to do 2 as it would cost them actual money to do so (£1700 or so) but were they to do so you really would have real life problems for months / years even if your got it removed.

Comment

Need for solicitor for set aside

Is it obligatory to get a solicitor for the set aside? Apart from navigating court forms (which sometimes aren’t too difficult). Do they need to understand the basis of the dispute or just that there is a dispute?

I have yet to receive the letter. My post is being redirected but not always speedily by someone with access to the address. I called them and they said a letter had come with a post office “signed for” stamp but it wasn’t signed for (I believe due to COVID.) I am potentially eating into response time.

I assume I would need to find a solicitor and go through the usual passport etc. Getting to know you stuff. Hence why considering to avoid. Not for the small change they seem to want as fixed fee that Felicitas/Fiscus whoever sent this can pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by Validoom View Post
                      So contact Elysium Law Chambers this morning after receiving a statutory demand from our good friends Felicitas.

Due to sheer amount of people in this position they will be putting everyone together as one group, today is the last day you can join this group.

So if you have recently received a Statutory Demand and are looking for someone to represent you, you need to contact Elysium today.
                      I don't like this sales tactics, sign up now or else, you gonna miss the boat, any good lawyers would represent you, being in a group not necessarily an advantage.

Comment

Working...
                      X