• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    What other motivate can they have but to extract as much money as they can from it ?
    One motive could be to ask for a small percentage (say 5%) - knowing that it's a money grab but not actually bankrupting the original beneficiaries.

    Another motive could be trying to recover as much as possible from it knowing full well that in doing so you will bankrupting all the original beneficiaries.

    Now neither motive is great but one is far less worse than the other - and until August I always thought it was the former (see what you can get), after what I discovered then I suspect it's the latter...
    Last edited by eek; 15 October 2020, 12:25.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

    Comment


      #62
      what did you discover

      Originally posted by eek View Post
      One motive could be to ask for a small percentage (say 5%) and then writing the loans off - knowing that it's a money grab but not actually bankrupting the original beneficiaries.

      Another motive could be trying to recover as much as possible from it knowing full well that in doing so you will bankrupting all the original beneficiaries.

      Now neither motive is great but one is far less worse than the other - and until August I always thought it was the former (see what you can get), after what I discovered then I suspect it's the latter...
      you mentioned that you have discovered something several times in this thread - do tell

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by happychap View Post
        you mentioned that you have discovered something several times in this thread - do tell
        Go back and read the thread that was closed in August due to people not liking what I was saying, you also need to find the posts of a banned poster who appears to have been working for Felicitas while providing some curious advice (and "attacking" various people related to Felicitas and the schemes it "owns").

        All that points towards these trusts being revocable which means that its possible for the beneficiaries to be changed. Which means that where I previously thought this was just the managers trying to recover some running costs, I now suspect its the management creating new beneficiaries (or at least removing a lot of the previous ones) and going for a money grab.

        The rest I'm not at liberty to discuss but check the change in tone of some posters in that thread...
        Last edited by eek; 15 October 2020, 12:55.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

        Comment


          #64
          Has anyone heard from Felicitas lately? I'm just wondering how many people have had any correspondence from them, or are we just waiting for an email/letter to arrive?

          Comment


            #65
            Genuine question here..........

            If an IoM court were to say that these were genuine "loans", how does that actually work in relation to trying to claim that debt in the UK ?

            Surely before any debt could legally be enforced in the UK, it would need to be found to be genuine by a UK court ? I may be completely wrong in that assumption, but it's a genuine question.

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by MrO666 View Post
              Genuine question here..........

              If an IoM court were to say that these were genuine "loans", how does that actually work in relation to trying to claim that debt in the UK ?

              Surely before any debt could legally be enforced in the UK, it would need to be found to be genuine by a UK court ? I may be completely wrong in that assumption, but it's a genuine question.
              Answered earlier in the thread

              Originally posted by eek View Post

              As for you actual question Judgements made in an Isle of Man court can be enforced using The Reciprocal Enforcement of Foreign Judgments (Isle of Man) Order 1973
              https://www.pinsentmasons.com/out-la...land-and-wales has an easier to read format.
              Last edited by eek; 15 October 2020, 13:57.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by Simon100 View Post
                Has anyone heard from Felicitas lately? I'm just wondering how many people have had any correspondence from them, or are we just waiting for an email/letter to arrive?
                Those of us with ETC have, but through ETC so we didn't see the actual request ourselves.
                I don't know about WTT clients though I did see a post, maybe this one which suggested they (WTT) too had been contacted

                Comment


                  #68
                  [QUOTE=MrO666;2818758]Out of interest, if someone did want to try a negotiated settlement with Felicitas over this, how would they go about it ?


                  Also, does anyone genuinely know of anyone who has paid up and has received confirmation that the debt is now 100% settled ?


                  I contacted them (using previous letters contact number). I negotiated a sum I was prepared and able to pay (this was less than any legal(ETc/wtt) cost and less than 5%). I asked them to send copy of deed of settlement which was reviewed by a solicitor who agreed this was full and final settlement.

                  Received a copy once payment made and have not heard from them since.

                  I am not advocating paying as that is down to each individual situation.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    [QUOTE=Socialsarah73;2818891]
                    Originally posted by MrO666 View Post
                    Out of interest, if someone did want to try a negotiated settlement with Felicitas over this, how would they go about it ?


                    Also, does anyone genuinely know of anyone who has paid up and has received confirmation that the debt is now 100% settled ?


                    I contacted them (using previous letters contact number). I negotiated a sum I was prepared and able to pay (this was less than any legal(ETc/wtt) cost and less than 5%). I asked them to send copy of deed of settlement which was reviewed by a solicitor who agreed this was full and final settlement.

                    Received a copy once payment made and have not heard from them since.

                    I am not advocating paying as that is down to each individual situation.
                    I am doing the same, as I said in the very opening of this post.. This ends for me now.

                    I have a lawyer looking over the settlement docs not just for IHT but for absolute assurance it will never be sold on again. When I looked at it with my tiny brain it still seemed ambiguous and full of holes. Lawyer is looking now.

                    I too am not saying pay them, but I don't blame anyone who does. I have to somehow drag myself back to the living from the misery this situation has caused.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by eek View Post
                      All that points towards these trusts being revocable which means that its possible for the beneficiaries to be changed. Which means that where I previously thought this was just the managers trying to recover some running costs, I now suspect its the management creating new beneficiaries (or at least removing a lot of the previous ones) and going for a money grab.
                      1) remove original beneficiaries
                      2) add new beneficiaries (eg. the instigators of the money grab)
                      3) screw original beneficiaries

                      That will go down well with a court!
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X