• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FakeHorizon View Post
    'Big Group' is a sham, it's a Ponzi scheme, the poor saps who paid in since 2015 are now being financed from poor saps who are paying in in 2017.

The facts are this, Murray Group International spent millions defending their schemes, and lost. This boy from WTT thinks he can now use this to his advantage, I've seen his literature, it's all about the Rangers case, complete nonsense.

The 'moderator' cojak is apparently female, which explains a lot. I've no idea why a female is allowed to influence the life of men but there you go. Anyhow, the reality is, if you pay 'Big Group' TWO THOUSAND POUNDS, get your head checked out!

Me, personally, I will just not pay. The Poll Tax came in, riots on the streets. The Poll Tax was abandoned. Anyone thinking that 'financial advisors' will help them, god be with you.

Hopefully 'cojak' will let this post stand for a little bit, definitely does not like 'Big Group' to be criticised.

I’ll let this post stand.

Mainly to show exactly why I permabanned FH.

I think stek’s response summed it up nicely.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      I’ll let this post stand.

Mainly to show exactly why I permabanned FH.

I think stek’s response summed it up nicely.
      I think you need to also read BP's to understand what is going on here. The fact is that HMRC was always going to win the arguments once they decided to attack the schemes. The thing people forget is that HMRC have a lot of things to do, so are no where near as proactive as they really should be.

Also decent tax advice is very expensive if you think Big Group was expensive go and ask for individual advice...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I think you need to also read BP's to understand what is going on here. The fact is that HMRC was always going to win the arguments once they decided to attack the schemes. The thing people forget is that HMRC have a lot of things to do, so are no where near as proactive as they really should be.

Also decent tax advice is very expensive if you think Big Group was expensive go and ask for individual advice...
        I agree with this. Properly informed advice is ******* expensive and your local accountant is unlikely to have the time to get their head around this.
        If you are settling, then it needs to be bomb proof otherwise HMRC will come back for more.

Will the BG approach work? Who knows, but, if it fails, I'd rather have them negotiating the terms of settlement within a large group than doing it on my own.

FH is just a bit sad tbh.

As for Cojak? Well look at the quality of the moderation of this forum given the ****witts that contractors are. She's a bloody genius with a soul.

Comment

A few years ago there was a chance, albeit a very slim one, that a group could achieve something.

But the loan charge has all but killed that off.

Having said that, there aren't many options.

Rock) settle under CLSO2
          BG or other group
          Hard Place) pay the loan charge

Comment

Well, I missed some excitement it appears.

Whilst I respect anybody's right to comment, I would observe that generally positive comments are perhaps better received than negative.

Interesting that he has apparently "seen" our argument. There is no secret to the broad structure of it, but a lot of detail underneath and unless he has access to our data files, he may be under a misapprehension?

Anyway, I wish him luck in whatever solution he pursues.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

webberg

Referring to the parliamentary scrutiny, has the Big Group or WTT submitted
              anything to the committee?

I looked at the list of submissions and can not recognise Big Group or WTT.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...ay-urgent.html

Statements submitted are found here: https://services.parliament.uk/bills...ill201719.html

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
                Referring to the parliamentary scrutiny, has the Big Group or WTT submitted
                anything to the committee?

I looked at the list of submissions and can not recognise Big Group or WTT.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...ay-urgent.html

Statements submitted are found here: https://services.parliament.uk/bills...ill201719.html
                We made two long submissions yesterday.

This morning the committee recognised that in light of the mass of evidence supplied, they needed more time to consider it.

This went to a vote.

All the Tory members voted against an extension of the time the committee needed to do its job properly.

Something to remember when the next occasion arrives for you to decide who represents you.
                Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Please dont take this the wrong way and this is no criticism, but why your professional bodies (WTT included) were so late in submitting evidence?

We have discussed 2019 to death on these threads for the past 2 months.

Furthermore the deadline for written submission is the 18th.

Surely the BG has masses of factual evidence from its members and their circumstances that needs to be heard.

Who were the Tory MPs that voted against?? Please name them so that it can be communicated. I am in touch with my own local Tory MP who had a ministerial job until last year and is very sympathetic to the damage 2019 Charge can do. I can communicate the names of the MPs that voted your evidence out and maybe something can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
                    Please dont take this the wrong way and this is no criticism, but why your professional bodies (WTT included) were so late in submitting evidence?

We have discussed 2019 to death on these threads for the past 2 months.

Furthermore the deadline for written submission is the 18th.

Surely the BG has masses of factual evidence from its members and their circumstances that needs to be heard.

Who were the Tory MPs that voted against?? Please name them so that it can be communicated. I am in touch with my own local Tory MP who had a ministerial job until last year and is very sympathetic to the damage 2019 Charge can do. I can communicate the names of the MPs that voted your evidence out and maybe something can be done.
                    Hi Luxcon - I am obviously not WTT. But I also submitted evidence - the day made no difference the evidence was packaged and provided to Committee members yesterday 8th at 4pm ahead of the meeting today at 9.25am - obviously not enough time to read it. The 1st amendment tabled was for oral evidence to be given to the committee by professional bodies - this was voted out by 10 to 9, 10 tories voting no. You can see the members of the Committee by visiting the Gov website. You will also be able to listen to a recording of the meeting yourself on the Gov website.

Also any evidence received after that element of the bill has been looked at by the Committee is not looked at.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Delendog

Delendog ,

Thanks for update. I am just surprised Big Group and WTT did not submit evidence earlier and in good time. Their member and clients are prime example of those who are and will be effected by this and would have added priceless insight. Missed opportunity.

Even Unite has submitted something on some other part of the bill on behalf of its members

Comment

Working...
                      X