• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rufusTfirefly View Post
    Not sure I need to be as I'm not due an APN and our provider is still around and fighting our corner. However, I'm thinking of the "what if" scenario where we are left on our own. Would it be worth joining up as insurance if we get left to our own devices?
    Yes. Ever heard of "not putting all your eggs in one basket"?
    The fact your promoter is here today doesn't mean he'll be here tomorrow.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Can I get PM access please?

Comment

I'd like to pledge as well please?

Comment

I'd like to sign up and pledge. Not quite sure of next steps. 2 APNs received and one imminent so could do with some help.

Comment

Big group feedback

I've finished the Q&A material and will be dealing with this tomorrow.

This has prompted a change in approach in a couple of ways and I'll be including the revised plan.

In particular however we need to consider the issue of APN's.

BIG GROUP is NOT intended to be a source of APN representations. I have posted grounds for such and following that will get you a delay (perhaps). I have been contacted by others who wish me to deal with the notices and I have engaged them as clients.

If BIG GROUP is to have an APN service, then the fee structure needs to be considered to incorporate this.

We're still talking about modest amounts but nonetheless an increase on the original plan.

I'll give this some more thought and publish something further tomorrow but if you have any ideas, please pitch in.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
              If BIG GROUP is to have an APN service, then the fee structure needs to be considered to incorporate this.
              We're still talking about modest amounts but nonetheless an increase on the original plan.
              I'll give this some more thought and publish something further tomorrow but if you have any ideas, please pitch in.
              Sounds acceptable, but should in my view remain completely optional. Many already have their own agents / advisers handling such matters.
              Besides, the concept of BIG GROUP as I understand it is that "of strength in numbers" - pooling resources to resist HMRC's mafia-like push (and push back!).... Not be a one-stop shop for all things APN.

Just my 2 cents.
              Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                Sounds acceptable, but should in my view remain completely optional. Many already have their own agents / advisers handling such matters.
                Besides, the concept of BIG GROUP as I understand it is that "of strength in numbers" - pooling resources to resist HMRC's mafia-like push (and push back!).... Not be a one-stop shop for all things APN.

Just my 2 cents.
                And quite sensible.

My thoughts are that having developed a checklist of sorts for APNs and to a degree a standard response type, I could make it available to BIG GROUP members for a reasonable price, if they choose that option.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Please count me in

Count me in please.

Comment

BIG GROUP rolls this week

Thanks to all for the feedback.

The final responses to the points raised will be appearing tomorrow.

The final paper describing the format, shape, cost and timing of the group will appear on Wednesday.

There are some changes to the initial thoughts but I these are geared towards getting the process up and running more quickly.

Please check back here tomorrow

(No, me neither).

Comment

Thanks Webberg - please add me to big group

I would like to sign up and pledge. please.
                      Not quite sure of next steps. 2 APNs received

Comment

Working...
                      X