• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dangerouswhensober View Post
    You might like to read my post #359 on the thread dedicated to WCC (and subsequent posts):

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post2097144

Just to repeat - I was told that the WCC scheme was non-DOTAS - so you should not expect to receive an APN for your involvement in that scheme.

I have been advised that there may come a time when HMRC will direct their attention to non-DOTAS schemes (like WCC) - but that is probably a long way off - certainly not while they have a nice handy list of DOTAS scheme members to target immediately ...
    Thanks dangerouswhensober, so if we choose not to use MyFD, will this group provide help on what to do if I get a letter from HMRC that I don't know how to deal with - i.e. the value that WC are touting that MyFD will provide is help with correspondence and advice on tax affairs/position etc. and they may take it as far as FTT but that's questionable. I guess the other guys on this thread seem to be in a lot worse position with APNs being issued. Does it sound like I have time until HMRC goes after the non-DOTAS guys, so I can avoid HMRC (and MyFD) for as long as this group takes to develop and hopefully attain it's overall goal? If anyone has any idea how long that will take? Maybe a question to Webberg that last bit.

Comment

Originally posted by njwilli3 View Post
      Thanks dangerouswhensober, so if we choose not to use MyFD, will this group provide help on what to do if I get a letter from HMRC that I don't know how to deal with - i.e. the value that WC are touting that MyFD will provide is help with correspondence and advice on tax affairs/position etc. and they may take it as far as FTT but that's questionable. I guess the other guys on this thread seem to be in a lot worse position with APNs being issued. Does it sound like I have time until HMRC goes after the non-DOTAS guys, so I can avoid HMRC (and MyFD) for as long as this group takes to develop and hopefully attain it's overall goal? If anyone has any idea how long that will take? Maybe a question to Webberg that last bit.
      The answer to the last question is how long is a piece of fish.

White Collar is not, so far as I know, disclosed and is therefore not on the DOTAS list for now. Therefore no APN.

You may still get questions from HMRC. To the extent that these are general questions to begin with, if you are part of BIG GROUP, you will be provided with responses.

If these become much more detailed, then you may need to engage an adviser outside BIG GROUP. We would anticipate being able to recommend somebody.

In due course either a WC member will go through a court process to decide on the correct answer to whether the sums were taxable or not, or another case will be taken that is similar enough to make any fight unwinable.

Given HMRC's lack of information at the moment, perhaps 5 years plus for the latter.

Start saving.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Big group first paper

Is available.

I've PM'd the first 20 or so on the provisional subscribers list.

If anybody else would like to see it, please let me know.

It's important to get this right (for many reasons) and CRITICAL that we know what the Group is meant to do and what it cannot do.

Be warned that I will want some proof that anybody requesting a copy is not HMRC and/or somebody involved in this situation as a provider of schemes.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Copy

Originally posted by webberg View Post
          Is available.

It's important to get this right (for many reasons) and CRITICAL that we know what the Group is meant to do and what it cannot do.

Be warned that I will want some proof that anybody requesting a copy is not HMRC and/or somebody involved in this situation as a provider of schemes.
          ADMINS: Can I please get PM rights so I can message webberg for the doc?

Comment

Count me in also

Can u pls pm me a copy
            Thnx

Originally posted by webberg View Post
            Is available.

Comment

Can u pls pm me a copy
              Thnx

Comment

Hi - little late to the party, but would like to add my name as a pledge.

Comment

Ex-Edge

Ex-Edge, no longer a contractor. Got an APN.

Can I PM webberg for more info?

Thanks.

Comment

May I have a copy please?

Thanks

Comment

Could I too have a copy please. Pm me.

Comment

Working...
                      X