• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Just because you ignore them... Newsletters aren't the only route being used anyway. Word will get around.

And I think dear Weberg needs to ask the question himself from the people who actually know the answers.
    Once again you show an inability to read and comprehend. Due to where they end up I believe people are continually marking them as spam.... Let me demonstrate what happens:-

1) IPSE newsletter appears in spam folder
    2) I mark it as not spam. Newsletters start to appear in the correct place
    a few weeks pass by
    3) IPSE newsletter starts appearing in the spam folder again....

I'm not doubting that if Weberg wants to reach IPSE members he needs to talk to IPSE about how he can reach them.... What I was saying is that if he really wants to reach the membership it will need to appear for a number of weeks to ensure members actually see it... So he really needs to ensure that if IPSE thought it was worth mentioning its not a simple one off mention...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hi All,

For those who were not aware, or those who are unsure about Big Groups intentions. Please see details below on how to join the webinar that is taking place this evening:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/reg...81301095277314
      STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Once again you show an inability to read and comprehend. Due to where they end up I believe people are continually marking them as spam.... Let me demonstrate what happens:-

1) IPSE newsletter appears in spam folder
        2) I mark it as not spam. Newsletters start to appear in the correct place
        a few weeks pass by
        3) IPSE newsletter starts appearing in the spam folder again....
        Never experienced that myself, spam/not-spam stays where I put it, hence my incomprehension...

I'm not doubting that if Weberg wants to reach IPSE members he needs to talk to IPSE about how he can reach them.... What I was saying is that if he really wants to reach the membership it will need to appear for a number of weeks to ensure members actually see it... So he really needs to ensure that if IPSE thought it was worth mentioning its not a simple one off mention...
        Persuade IPSE management it's worthwhile and it will almost certainly get a dedicated newsletter/awareness campaign.

The risk and the challenge is that most IPSE people are there because of IR35 and took the alternative route to those who went to so-called umbrellas - coincidentally offering higher returns - so in general aren't affected by the whole APN issue.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Never experienced that myself, spam/not-spam stays where I put it, hence my incomprehension...

Persuade IPSE management it's worthwhile and it will almost certainly get a dedicated newsletter/awareness campaign.

The risk and the challenge is that most IPSE people are there because of IR35 and took the alternative route to those who went to so-called umbrellas - coincidentally offering higher returns - so in general aren't affected by the whole APN issue.
          There has to be some (I couldn't put a number on it) that were PCG (in those days) members, who freaked at IR35 and went into a scheme and then went back to PCG / IPSE membership.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHat View Post
            There has to be some (I couldn't put a number on it) that were PCG (in those days) members, who freaked at IR35 and went into a scheme and then went back to PCG / IPSE membership.
            Almost certain!
            Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
              Almost certain!
              I don't think anyone is denying that. I think the only thing separating any of us here is the difference between our personal viewpoints between the benefit of a 1 off mention / newsletter from IPSE and more regular mentions ensuring that it reaches those people who are impacted by it or know others who are impacted by it....

You only have to look at the S66 crowd to see why they joined that scheme rather than continuing with a limited company.. Heck I might of done if I had been working in the City and others were suggesting it...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Webinar reminder

For those who may have missed it:
                #BIGGROUP and the Fair Treatment for Contractors Campaign are holding a webinar tonight.
                The concept and objectives of the group will be presented and there will be a Q&A session.

Details: https://t.co/uN7sVFmIsb
                Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

#BIGGROUP and the Fair Treatment for Contractors Campaign are holding a webinar tonight.
                  The concept and objectives of the group will be presented and there will be a Q&A session.

Glad I attended and good solid information of intent and aspirations for the Big Group.

Onwards and Upwards and all for £18 per month....
                  http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Personally I found the webinar very informative and honest.
                    STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Thanks webberg, was very useful.
                      Fight back - Join the Big Group Campaign

Comment

Working...
                      X