• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ukip! Ukip! Ukip!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Last month I only took in £2000 and the month before less than that. I'm amongst those that are on the knife edge.
    £2000/month is more a spoon-edge.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Not so much for someone who's been used to earning more and who has a family and other commitments.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

indeed

Blackburn, England: Lancashire City Salary, Average Salaries | PayScale United Kingdom

Check average C salary in Blackburn, Lancashire | C salary information in Blackburn, Lancashire on totaljobs.com.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Why is that? There are two possibilities here:
          1. The UKIP=Racist bigots progaganda has been exposed as such
          2. The voters have spoken very clearly, by demonstrating they are racist bigots
          That a large number of Britons are racist bigots is not out of the question.
          Originally posted by Flashman View Post
          Yes because the UK becoming an independent country like Australia and Canada with their managed immigration policies is so Nazi

BBC News - One third of Britons 'admit being racially prejudiced'

Oh look.

Comment

Think the last paragraph in that BBC link says it all. What is racial prejudice?

It ought to be defined as dislike/distrust of groups or individuals purely based on race and regardless of their qualities. Unfortunately these days it is called racism when you merely want a lifestyle and culture of your own or have valid objections to consequences of excessive and uncontrolled immigration.

In the absence of real knowledge of an individual one cannot ignore proven problems within a group when making a decision. Seriously, if you were thinking of investing some money in a company and found out the CEO was Nigerian, would you not think twice? Sometimes "racism" against a group is no more than common sense.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Not so much for someone who's been used to earning more and who has a family and other commitments.
              "Used to earning more" & "other commitments" don't make it a knife-edge... if Rooney had to live on £50k a year that's a far bigger change relatively but he's not going to starve!

Commitments like golf club membership, Graze subscription, Sky Sports?

Comment

None of the above. I'm talking about long term commitments like 2 kids with a family sized grocery bill, rent or mortgage on a family house and associated utility bills, not luxuries that can easily be pared back.

£2k before tax wouldn't cover my rent for example, and I couldn't move to a smaller house as we'd not have enough space (we barely fit in this one) so the only alternative is leaving the area (and moving a long way out) which with rental contracts or needing to sell a house has the sort of lead time that means one could easily go under in the meantime. For a lot of people it would mean finding a new job. For me it would mean changing hospital and doctors. And then there are utility bills, groceries, car running costs and so on on top of that.

Bear in mind that as I am shuffling off soon and my family will be losing my income I am having to deal with this right now so I have some idea what I am talking about. £2k a month might be plenty to someone footloose and fancy free but it's only a about double minimum wage on a 40 hour week and when you have a family and 2 kids it isn't going to go very far.
                Last edited by doodab; 28 May 2014, 16:56.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  Last month I only took in £2000 and the month before less than that. I'm amongst those that are on the knife edge.

I spend more than that on hair gel
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

"Used to earning more" & "other commitments" don't make it a knife-edge... if Rooney had to live on £50k a year that's a far bigger change relatively but he's not going to starve!

yes always amuses me when people say they are poor and have a sky box with all the packages in the living room. Everyone has a recent iPhone etc.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      yes always amuses me when people say they are poor and have a sky box with all the packages in the living room. Everyone has a recent iPhone etc.
                      There's poverty and there's relative poverty.

BBC are always talking about poverty when infact they are talking about relative poverty.

BBC News - One in six children lives in poverty, UK statistics show

So relative poverty is defined as earning less than the average.

As the average contractor earns a lot more than £2K a month, he's living in (BBC speak) poverty.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Working...
                      X