• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

L2b training - tips and discussion thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spin sessions are good at getting running speed up, I do a 50 minute class once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

psst, whoooosh
      I got the 'whoosh', but as you're supposed to exercise at 70% of your max, your estimate was a bit high

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        I got the 'whoosh', but as you're supposed to exercise at 70% of your max, your estimate was a bit high
        But I did say MHR though, so neeeerrrr.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Parkrun from 3 weeks ago. It's consistently like that when I run - I've seen it go to 198. Quite a bit slower when I cycle though - even up the hills.

If the heights are accurate ( accuracy can vary wildly over devices and apps ) then 50 meters is a reasonable climb over 5 k.

I love my hill climbing, my standard daily run has 300 meters of climbs.

Comment

That's en route this Sunday for me and vetran
            If you are coming my way then I also suggest the back road into Maidenhead from Windsor via Oakley/Holyport/Fyfield...or going through Eton/Eton Wick/Dorney/Taplow/Burnham Beeches...or via Windsor/Ascot/Bracknell...some nice pubs en-route also on them
            Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              If the heights are accurate ( accuracy can vary wildly over devices and apps ) then 50 meters is a reasonable climb over 5 k.

I love my hill climbing, my standard daily run has 300 meters of climbs.
              Nah, it's flat - one diddy slope up to the canal.

Farnham's parkrun is proper hilly!

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                If you are coming my way then I also suggest the back road into Maidenhead from Windsor via Oakley/Holyport/Fyfield...or going through Eton/Eton Wick/Dorney/Taplow/Burnham Beeches...or via Windsor/Ascot/Bracknell...some nice pubs en-route also on them
                Planned route is Windsor -> Reading along cycleroute 4 - you're welcome to join us, we're meeting at Windsor station at 10am. PM me or vetran.

Comment

Still sniffly. Some flu bug going round at work which is pegging me low.

Feel like crap. Lovely sunny day. Sooooo, gonna take the mongtards to the park and kick a ball with them. Then going to come back home and do some yoga and core stability work.

Can't sit around waiting to get better. Been a fooking month now!!!
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Does "core stability work" mean standing up without falling over?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Does "core stability work" mean standing up without falling over?
                      Kind of, it means focusing on your abdominals, back and chest. It's what helps stop you "nodding" from side to side on the bike when your working hard. Having good core stability keeps you in a more stable position on the bike, which in turn means you can put more power into your legs, which helps you go faster.

Tip for those wanting to lose weight as part of all this : A morning ride *before breakfast* at 60-70% MHR for an hour (longer if you feel like it) will kick start your body into burning fat. You can boost the effect by having a double espresso or a strong black instant coffee before you set out.

Make sure you have breakfast available when you get back or you'll end up bingeing on anything you can find a couple of hours later.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X