• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

L2b training - tips and discussion thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Nope. Haven't trained in weeks. As soon as I attempt to train, I shake like a tulipting dog, ache all over and feel like I have flu. I have not been well for weeks, don't know when I will be better and really, really want to get training.

I'm not a very happy bunny.
    well get well soon.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

So forget cycling for a bit -

Eat healthily (that means fruit and veg - the salad in a kebab doesn't count)
      Cut out the booze
      Get plenty of sleep
      And go for a 20 minute walk every day, building up to longer as you start to feel better. When you feel well enough, do a short cycle - don't push it, just get used to being back on a bike.

As long as you're well by April, no reason why you can't build up the cycling then.

Comment

Sorry about your bike, and the banana. I was being a tit. I hope your bike isn't too tricky to fix.

I'm a shade negative at the mo. Sound advice.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Sorry about your bike, and the banana. I was being a tit. I hope your bike isn't too tricky to fix.

No worries

Sorry about the neg rep - I was in a slightly bad mood!

Bike is fixed - basically I got a puncture, couldn't get the tyre inflated with my new pump, then lost the spring off the quick release thingy, so walked it home. The nice man at the bike shop gave me a new spring and didn't charge me

Did a 12 mile round the block this arvo which was good. Do need to start upping the distances soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            No worries

Sorry about the neg rep - I was in a slightly bad mood!

Bike is fixed - basically I got a puncture, couldn't get the tyre inflated with my new pump, then lost the spring off the quick release thingy, so walked it home. The nice man at the bike shop gave me a new spring and didn't charge me

Did a 12 mile round the block this arvo which was good. Do need to start upping the distances soon.
            Get a room.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Get a room.
              No ta - I might catch something.

Comment

MS was on to something, build up slowly, pop round and we can go out for a light ride if you want. Beer at end optional!

Sorry if I sound like an ex smoker but getting fit again has made everything better. My general health, my attitude & outlook. I sort of lost it, but now I'm a lot more cheerful.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  MS was on to something, build up slowly, pop round and we can go out for a light ride if you want. Beer at end optional!

Sorry if I sound like an ex smoker but getting fit again has made everything better. My general health, my attitude & outlook. I sort of lost it, but now I'm a lot more cheerful.
                  Ah yes, I forgot "Give up the fags (or switch to e-cigs)".

Comment

Tonnes of talking, not a lot of doing .....

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                      Tonnes of talking, not a lot of doing .....
                      He could crush a walnut with the muscles in his jaw.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X