• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New BA started and he's hopelessly out of his depth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New BA started and he's hopelessly out of his depth

<placeholder for Monday>
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    <placeholder for Monday>
    Tuesday - most companies aren't organised enough to find anything out on day 1 unless the person is a real twat..

Monday it is then....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Oooh can I play. Who's this for?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Tuesday - most companies aren't organised enough to find anything out on day 1 unless the person is a real twat..

Monday it is then....
        "And here, in the dark Investment Bank, a lone BA has walked in unaware of what dangers are present"

MF In "David Attenborough" Mode
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm convinced that even the best BA the world has ever seen will fail in some of these places. It's a practised art transferring the blame to lowly BAs for not being able to use a mixture of tarot cards, seances and divination to find out what it is they really want while using randomly made up TLAs then blaming the BA for not knowing standard industry terminology.

Comment

I have never worked in an IB environment

but is it in essence populated by loudmouthed fu<kwits in stripy suits effectively trying to blame everyone else for their own failings?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

but is it in essence populated by loudmouthed fu<kwits in stripy suits effectively trying to blame everyone else for their own failings?
              It's an effective way of identifying them and rounding them up for the forthcoming revolution.

Comment

Phew, thank fook I'm not a BA on this gig then.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

No.

Some of them wear plain suits.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

everytime you guys quote me my phone beeps (cos I have the CUK app!)

makes me think I have some friends!

Comment

Working...
                    X