• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bonkers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    Ah well. Kick back and live off your war chest for 6 months. Life's too short for them to be messing you around like this.
    And being a BPM guy, you don't really need the $ do you.

Why not buy a mobile home, take the young family round Europe for 6 months. You deserve it after what you've been through in the last 18 months.
    You're posts are a bit like stepping in a dog tulipe whilst walking to the pub. Whilst going to the pub is the nice thing, stepping in a dog tulipe is the risk you take on getting there. Unpleaseant but a part of CUK.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Gig A have failed to produce a contract on the terms I strictly stated before being put forward for the role. I have passed the contract back to be amended to the terms we agreed. This seems to have put things on pause.

I contacted Gig B to see if this stay of execution means they could hammer something out.

Tune in later for the next new exciting installment.
      Is the payment schedule that much of a deal breaker ? Sometimes you have to suck it up as every gig is different.
      I wanted weekly invoicing with payment within 7 days for this gig. it wasnt going to happen so I just took the 30 day invoice and payment within 14 days.

its not ideal but I didnt want to risk the gig for it.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        Is the payment schedule that much of a deal breaker ? Sometimes you have to suck it up as every gig is different.
        I wanted weekly invoicing with payment within 7 days for this gig. it wasnt going to happen so I just took the 30 day invoice and payment within 14 days.

Exactly. Work out how much the payment terms mean to you and price it into your quote.

Comment

Gig A have failed to produce a contract on the terms I strictly stated before being put forward for the role. I have passed the contract back to be amended to the terms we agreed. This seems to have put things on pause.

I contacted Gig B to see if this stay of execution means they could hammer something out.

Tune in later for the next new exciting installment.
          Please tell me you haven't already walked out of your current gig

Comment

Those are the terms I am pushing for. Their terms are even worse than that! One month, then invoice, then "Will process the invoice within 30 days". Fook that.

Comment

Please tell me you haven't already walked out of your current gig

Comment

Those are the terms I am pushing for. Their terms are even worse than that! One month, then invoice, then "Will process the invoice within 30 days". Fook that.
                How much money per day would you need to take those terms?

Comment

Payment terms agreed

But the legal team are too busy to make this simple change and want to defer to tomorrow

Comment

Comment

You're posts are a bit like stepping in a dog tulipe whilst walking to the pub. Whilst going to the pub is the nice thing, stepping in a dog tulipe is the risk you take on getting there. Unpleaseant but a part of CUK.
                      I think you'll find I'm waiting at the pool table for you. You can put your 50p on the table, but you ain't getting a game. And you're going to suck it up, drink your shandy and take your pool cue home again in its unopened box.

You get me? I don't think you do.

Comment

Working...
                      X