• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The annual flu season debate with permies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Yup, and if ClientCo has said you cannot wfh?
    Get another client.

Working from home is for their benefit, not mine. You don't still view it as a perk, do you?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Get another client.

Working from home is for their benefit, not mine. You don't still view it as a perk, do you?
      I don't view it as working from home, I consider it working from my office. The fact that this office is on the same land as my house is immaterial, it still cost a fook loads to put up, and the only reason I put it up was to use as an office as I run my own IT practice.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I don't view it as working from home, I consider it working from my playroom. The fact that this playroom is on the same land as my house is immaterial, it still cost a fook loads to put up, and the only reason I put it up was to use as a playroom as I run my own IT practice.
        Corrected to bring it in line with the planning application.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

I don't view it as working from home, I consider it working from my office. The fact that this office is on the same land as my house is immaterial, it still cost fook all to put up, and the only reason I put it up was to use as an office as I run my own IT practice.
          Corrected as it's in Luton

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
            Corrected to bring it in line with the planning application.
            You are MF and I claim my 5000 free mythical airmiles.

Comment

I don't view it as working from home, I consider it working from my office. The fact that this office is on the same land as my house is immaterial, it still cost a fook loads to put up, and the only reason I put it up was to use as an office as I run my own IT practice.
              Blah blah blah and you introduce yourself as the CEO I expect too, nobody is fooled.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Blah blah blah and you introduce yourself as the CEO I expect too, nobody is fooled.
                That's one of the 7 deadly sins there Doogie

Galatians 5:19-21

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  If you are "crawling into work" you most likely don't have flu.
                  +1 to that. People that have had flu will know this. I couldn't crawl off the floor back on to the bed after falling off when I had it. I do wonder if the flu jabs actually help with the snivels and cold symptoms that people often mistake flu for or is it just more confusion about what the jabs are stopping.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    +1 to that. People that have had flu will know this. I couldn't crawl off the floor back on to the bed after falling off when I had it. I do wonder if the flu jabs actually help with the snivels and cold symptoms that people often mistake flu for or is it just more confusion about what the jabs are stopping.
                    It's confusion.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What a bunch of nancies people are these days.

If you're coughing and sneezing you have a cold. It's not flu.

You don't stay off work with a cold otherwise no-one would be at work in the winter.

People with flu just look a bit pale and sit in the corner very quietly, you can't actually tell they're really ill. The coughers and splutterer are perfectly healthy.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X