• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The annual flu season debate with permies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the day when I worked in a dark sweaty office with no windows or natural light, there was a permie sat next to me who would always come in with bad colds (such is the work ethic in investment banking).

Wouldn't be so bad if he put his hand over his mouth when he coughed, but no, he liked to splutter it into the air.

To top it all, he always turned the air conditioning off. I think it was to help his germs multiply.
    Last edited by SantaClaus; 23 October 2013, 18:11. Reason: corrected flu to cold before I'm told off!
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Yup, and if ClientCo has said you cannot wfh?
      My current gig has a no wfh policy. They still pay up when I wfh.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        My current gig has a no wfh policy. They still pay up when I wfh.
        Nice one

Owing to security I cannot connect remotely so can't pull the wool unfortunately
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Nice one

Owing to security I cannot connect remotely so can't pull the wool unfortunately
          I have no remote log in. I just email some work to myself and then do it at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            I have no remote log in. I just email some work to myself and then do it at home.
            Some clients don't let you take data off site for security reasons.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Yes, but those kind of clients don't hire someone like SY01.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Yes, but those kind of clients hire someone like SY01.
                Ftfy
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Mrs MF told me MF04 had been off sick yesterday and then just an hour ago received a call to say all three were projective vomiting which is sad.

I on the other hand feel fine, have been basking in glorious sunshine all day and am off out to a restaurant. I feel for you all, I really do.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Mrs MF told me MF04 had been off sick yesterday and then just an hour ago received a call to say all three were projective vomiting which is sad.

I on the other hand feel fine, have been basking in glorious sunshine all day and am off out to a restaurant. I feel for you all, I really do.
                    Drove past the barracks on my way home last night, wondered what your wife was doing at the bus stop. Hope she left your front door locked!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      I wouldn't much care for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X