• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crimewatch - Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    They've paid the ultimate price for their culpability.
    Presumably then women who get raped wearing flimsy clothing are asking for it?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Just women in general, their fault for being on their own.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        WDAS

Everyone alive has had near misses, "if only" moments, etc - whether driving, on holiday or parenting. You would have hit the other car if they hadn't noticed, your child falls down and happens to smack their head on the lawn rather than a rock, etc.
        Yeah that's are the same as leaving your child alone for hours in a foreign country whilst you are on the razz a distance away.

Comment

What the fck has that got to do with leaving your young children alone?

Comment

Hhmm. But those things, those near misses, are a bit different.

Taking the decision to leave the building my child was sleeping in, to go and have dinner a few hundred meters away would not be an accident.

My opinion has always been that making this decision is different to sitting downstairs while my child is asleep upstairs, but by the same token they nor their daughter deserve what happened.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

A better analogy would be leaving your doors and windows open in a high crime area with all your cash on the kitchen table and then complaining about it being stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                I agree, however they haven't AFAIK acknowledged they made this mistake. I have to say I would never leave my children alone even for 5 mins, especially not to wine and dine.
                Unfortunately little kids who can walk can go for a wander when you are in a shop with them and on a day out with them let alone when you are in a different room or when you are asleep.

You are only saved by nice people - adults and older children - who are around who spot a little kid on their wander who can either direct them back or keep them from going further.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What was the point of this programme? The abductor (assuming there was one) is probably Portuguese, or not British anyway, so what do they think they'll gain covering it on Crimewatch in the UK? Presumably the police had to field thousands of calls from people thinking one or other of the hilariously different e-fits of the same bloke looked like their neighbour, even though said neighbour had never been to Portugal.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Hhmm. But those things, those near misses, are a bit different.

Taking the decision to leave the building my child was sleeping in, to go and have dinner a few hundred meters away would not be an accident.
                    It's a daft and irresponsible thing to do, but for the reason the kid might turn the gas on or hurt themself, not because they might be kidnapped.

99 times out of a hundred you can leave a kid alone and the worst that happens the other time is they get a bruise or two, which is not really a problem in the grand scheme of things.

Living your life based around there being kidnappers waiting to steal your children is silly.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      What was the point of this programme? The abductor (assuming there was one) is probably Portuguese, or not British anyway, so what do they think they'll gain covering it on Crimewatch in the UK? Presumably the police had to field thousands of calls from people thinking one or other of the hilariously different e-fits of the same bloke looked like their neighbour, even though said neighbour had never been to Portugal.
                      They showed the same details on the Dutch 'Opsporing Verzocht', because there might have been Dutch holidaymakers present who'd seen something the police need to know; I suppose it's probably been shown in Portugal too.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X