• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crimewatch - Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Saying that because your actions changed an outcome makes you responsible is bunk. A doctor goes to a restaurant and saves someone from choking. If he had decided to stay in and read up on the latest baby monitors rather than wasting time having fun, that person could have died.

I go out for a pack of fags and seeing an old man being beaten up, run in and the attackers flee. If I had chosen to give up smoking, he could have been killed.

Things happen that cannot be foreseen.
    you are missign the point once more (on purpose I assume) in your two examplkes above neither the doctor nor yourself had any duty of care to the victims.

The McCanns had a duty of care to Madeline

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Now I'm really hoping you are just being argumentative.

Of course it is ok - if they are in the apartment, the children are in bed, they are doing everything they can to ensure a safe environment for their children. Fact is leaving them in an unlocked apartment, which they cannot see from where they are is totally irresponsible.
      Why are the children in bed? What if your kid is playing in the living room and you have to go inside and take a dump? Do you lock all the doors before you poo?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Saying that because your actions changed an outcome makes you responsible is bunk. A doctor goes to a restaurant and saves someone from choking. If he had decided to stay in and read up on the latest baby monitors rather than wasting time having fun, that person could have died.

I go out for a pack of fags and seeing an old man being beaten up, run in and the attackers flee. If I had chosen to give up smoking, he could have been killed.

Things happen that cannot be foreseen.
        Rubbish - the Dr is not responsible for the man choking nor are you responsible for the old chap getting beaten up. By responsible I mean parental responsibility.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Another thing that struck me about this case is how crap the Portugese police are. and a stoopid system as well
          remember all that nonsense about the 'arguido significardo'
          Last edited by EternalOptimist; 15 October 2013, 14:18.
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
            I do too. It isn't irrelevant at all. Being a planned abduction relied on her being on her own. The simple fact is, if the parents were in, Maddie would not have been abducted.
            Yeah - I phrased that very poorly. Have updated post (see previous response).
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Why are the children in bed? What if your kid is playing in the living room and you have to go inside and take a dump? Do you lock all the doors before you poo?
              You take the toddler/child/baby with you.

Jesus Christ.

PS - the kids are in bed cos it's half bloody eight at night. You are being a knob about this.

PPS - who here who has kids, has never had to have a wee or poop without an audience?
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Their decision did not lead to anything of the sort. By saying that their decision led to the childs abduction is the same as saying a girl wearing a miniskirt and getting raped is asking for it -you are doing it again- blaming the victim. OK had they stayed with the children all night then the child would not have been abducted, which is like saying if you accompany your child to school you will ensure they are not bullied, they will work hard and they wont leave their clothes at school - I get the impression that some of the more sanctimonious of you would probably do this if you could.
                Yes, all of those things are completely the same.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I'm still convinced the McCanns drugged her but miscalculated the dose.

Comment

Yes, of course you do. Otherwise they might open them and wonder off.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      You take the toddler/child/baby with you.

Jesus Christ.
                      You force your kid to watch you take a tulip? What kind of pervert are you? Do you make them come in the bedroom when you're getting jiggy too?

I'm so sorry, clearly if it was a lunchtime kidnapping it would be a whole different story.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X