• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toyota Aygo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    I prefer their petrol engines. The 1.6 petrol I have is perfect for city driving.
    You are still talking about an entirely different product that has an 'engine' in it. The Aygoslow has nothing but a noise generator under the bonnet.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Other half has one of these and it took 4 of us plus luggage quite happily to Anglesey this weekend gone. Easily kept 70 on the motorway and with a tailwind could hit 90. Zero tax, no insurance and go forever on a tank of fuel.

Might not be every ones cup of tea but it does what it was designed to do bloody brilliantly. All for 8k new.

Remember the definition of quality is something fulfilling need for which it was designed which would make this a quality car. If you want more from it than it was designed you have the wrong car and no point bleating about it.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        Hand your contractor badge in at the gate immediately

Everyone keeps telling me to get a Porsche, but I'm too tight-arsed.

Comment

Fiat panda does the same job so much better I dont know why anyone buys an Aygo

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
            Fiat panda does the same job so much better I dont know why anyone buys an Aygo
            Yep, basically the Italians mastered the art of making good small engines somewhere back in the 50s or earlier, and they're still damned good at it. The 1.2 fiat engine, either 8 valve or 16 valve is excellent, with plenty of torque that means you don't have to rev it like hell to get moving, but if you do rev it like hell it makes a rather pleasing sound and gets you where you're going quickly enough. Don't know about that 2 cylinder jobby, but if it's up to their usual standards it's probably pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post

Everyone keeps telling me to get a Porsche, but I'm too tight-arsed.
              You don't need to spend loads to get a porker these days. My mate bought a 911 carrera from a guy for £10K about three months back. Its a seriously well looked after bit of tin, that makes lots of noise and returns 29 miles to the gallon. He took his mate (in the business) to look at it and a few weeks later his mate had been bitten by the bug as well and found a newer one with all the toys for 25k for some summer fun. My mate will be taking that off his hands in the very near future. He will get his 10k and probably a little more for his and be in a very nice porsche for less than some mugs spend on a new car.

Comment

Just as an aside I have bought a Petrol Mercedes that can do 47mpg has over 300 bhp and a road tax of £190 a year. You really don't have to bump round in a baked bean can to get a low emissions car anymore...

Comment

A Fiat 500 costs about £13000. A Toyota Aygo about £8000. It's hardly surprising there's a big difference.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    A Fiat 500 costs about £13000. A Toyota Aygo about £8000. It's hardly surprising there's a big difference.
                    Yes but now look at what second hand cars you can buy for that sort of cash. then compare the fact that the new car will depreciate faster and have used more resources to build it than recycling a 5 to 10 year old car and you can see that for most people it would make sense to buy a secondhand S500 and make an effort to reduce their mileage than buying a new car and adding another car to the road...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                      Yes but now look at what second hand cars you can buy for that sort of cash. then compare the fact that the new car will depreciate faster and have used more resources to build it than recycling a 5 to 10 year old car and you can see that for most people it would make sense to buy a secondhand S500 and make an effort to reduce their mileage than buying a new car and adding another car to the road...
                      WHS, anything but an Aygo. A bloody donkey would do a better job.

Comment

Working...
                      X