• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Praise Jebus, he is reborn!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any excuse

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      ... so any regular person is automatically ineligible by virtue of having a birth certificate.
      Wasn't the whole purpose of going to Bethlehem so that his birth would be registered? So maybe there is a birth certificate lying around somewhere. But it'll have to be dated 4 BC.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Any excuse
      None needed.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        The people who crucified Jesus did so because he claimed to be the Messiah. The crucifixion is a one time event. The second coming won't be a repeat of the first.

Probably this chap is a fake. Jesus took steps to prevent counterfeits. E.g.

Matthew 24:5 - For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray.

Further, his return is widely believed to be a rather visible event - "every eye will see him, even those who pierced him" - revelations 1:7

As Genesis put it (Supper's Ready), at the Second Coming "There's an angel standing in the sun, and he's crying in a loud voice, this is the return of the mighty one, the king of kings the lord of lords has returned to lead his children home, to take them to the new Jerusalem". Most of that text is lifted from Revelations as well. The expectation is that the return of Jesus will be fairly momentous event - not just some megalomaniac gathering a few deluded followers. The real Jesus won't be coming as gentle Jesus, meek and mild, he'll be coming as a warrior.

Two men say they're Jesus, one of them must be wrong.
        Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        The bible says that unlike the first time, he'll be pretty blatant about things.

And of course he won't be born a baby this time round - he will return not be re-born - so any regular person is automatically ineligible by virtue of having a birth certificate.
        So we're good to laugh at him then?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Nobody thought Jebus I was the messiah until 100 years or so after his death.
          Of course they did. Peter and the disciples came to realise/believe it while he was still with them, and the Romans teased him about it.

Plus of course we reckon Mark's gospel was written as early as 30AD, certainly in the lifetime of those who had seen and met him.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            So we're good to laugh at him then?
            Yep. I could be wrong though.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The people who crucified Jesus did so because he claimed to be the Messiah. The crucifixion is a one time event. The second coming won't be a repeat of the first.

Probably this chap is a fake. Jesus took steps to prevent counterfeits. E.g.

Matthew 24:5 - For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray.

Further, his return is widely believed to be a rather visible event - "every eye will see him, even those who pierced him" - revelations 1:7

As Genesis put it (Supper's Ready), at the Second Coming "There's an angel standing in the sun, and he's crying in a loud voice, this is the return of the mighty one, the king of kings the lord of lords has returned to lead his children home, to take them to the new Jerusalem". Most of that text is lifted from Revelations as well. The expectation is that the return of Jesus will be fairly momentous event - not just some megalomaniac gathering a few deluded followers. The real Jesus won't be coming as gentle Jesus, meek and mild, he'll be coming as a warrior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6B1D0oyBK8

Comment

I'm bored of all this religion on CUK. Some people believe, some don't. Deal with it.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Wasn't the whole purpose of going to Bethlehem so that his birth would be registered? So maybe there is a birth certificate lying around somewhere. But it'll have to be dated 4 BC.
                  I was talking about Jesus' return... since it's the same person returning anyone who has been born in the last century is automatically out of the running.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think you've got a case of Industrial disease there.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

If he's Jebus who's Sparticus?

Comment

Working...
                      X