• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Praise Jebus, he is reborn!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    How many followers did Jebus I have? 12? I guess a bit more than 12, but not that many.

Jebus II is probably already winning.
    561,320 at the last count
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      C) Not very many people did believe him, that's why it was so easy to capture, torture and execute him.
      Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      How many followers did Jebus I have? 12? I guess a bit more than 12, but not that many.

Jebus II is probably already winning.
      Yeah true, I was also talking about the few hundred years after when the Christianity bubble started.

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
        Funny how when some guy said he was the saviour 2000 years ago people just believed him then? What was different?

A) He was really
        B) People were much more gullible then and would be deemed borderline retards in todays world?
        I'd plump for B. Look at the thing with Mary! Some young slapper who claims god shagged her to explain away the birth. I mean how stupid was Joe?
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I think 2000 years ago people didn't have the distractions of Chicken McManna from heavenly KFC, cups overflowing with sweet Cola and the worshipping of Pop Idols.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Well, why not?

If one accepts the possibility of Jesus coming back, this guy's got as much chance as the next bloke of being him.

So, question for the religious peeps - how will we know the 'real' Jesus when he returns?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Well, why not?

If one accepts the possibility of Jesus coming back, this guy's got as much chance as the next bloke of being him.

So, question for the religious peeps - how will we know the 'real' Jesus when he returns?
              How do we know its not Paul Daniels - he can do magic tricks like the real jesus. Water into wine/pulling your card out of a deck etc
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Well, why not?

We ask him to perform a miracle, if he refuses, nail him to a cross.

If he then rises up to heaven, he's the real deal.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Well, why not?

Nobody thought Jebus I was the messiah until 100 years or so after his death. It stands to reason that Jebus II has to live, say a few well meaning but slightly naive sounding things, die a violent death, be forgotten about for a bit, then become the subject of a book based on highly questionable accounts of his life. And then people can start worshipping him as the second coming.

This bloke's obviously a fraud because he's still alive.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

The people who crucified Jesus did so because he claimed to be the Messiah. The crucifixion is a one time event. The second coming won't be a repeat of the first.

Probably this chap is a fake. Jesus took steps to prevent counterfeits. E.g.

Matthew 24:5 - For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray.

Further, his return is widely believed to be a rather visible event - "every eye will see him, even those who pierced him" - revelations 1:7

As Genesis put it (Supper's Ready), at the Second Coming "There's an angel standing in the sun, and he's crying in a loud voice, this is the return of the mighty one, the king of kings the lord of lords has returned to lead his children home, to take them to the new Jerusalem". Most of that text is lifted from Revelations as well. The expectation is that the return of Jesus will be fairly momentous event - not just some megalomaniac gathering a few deluded followers. The real Jesus won't be coming as gentle Jesus, meek and mild, he'll be coming as a warrior.

Two men say they're Jesus, one of them must be wrong.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The bible says that unlike the first time, he'll be pretty blatant about things.

And of course he won't be born a baby this time round - he will return not be re-born - so any regular person is automatically ineligible by virtue of having a birth certificate.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X