• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rather sad poor girl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    The raw food and vitamin approach worked really well for Steve Jobs.
    Depends on the cancer. Pancreatic cancer is very aggressive and has one of the lowest survival rates of all cancers. Sometimes it's a case of too little, too late. He was lucky to survive as long as he did as the vast majority die in the first five years after diagnosis.

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
      There are some alternatives to Chemo - such as changes in diet (raw food diets, high doses of vitamins etc.).

However doctors don't want to recommend them because the drug and medical equipment companies have invested too much in chemo and radiotherapy that they steer doctors away from them ... also I believe it's illegal in the US for doctors to recommend any vitamin treatment.
      To be fair, doctors have a duty of care towards their patients, so they probably prefer to recommend treatments that actually have some chance of working rather than a load of complete and utter horsetulip about raw food and vitamins.

Comment

There are some alternatives to Chemo - such as changes in diet (raw food diets, high doses of vitamins etc.).

However doctors don't want to recommend them because the drug and medical equipment companies have invested too much in chemo and radiotherapy that they steer doctors away from them ... also I believe it's illegal in the US for doctors to recommend any vitamin treatment.
        You sound worse than Manto Tshabalala-Msimang

Comment

If the 'alternatives' actually worked as well as chemo they would be the standard therapy. Unfortunately chemotherapy is the most efficacious treatment in many cases. The conspiracy theory doesn't hold water, especially outside the US. Do you think their drug companies hold any sway in Iran?

There are alternative therapies with less horrid side effects being developed, the more advanced of them use antibodies that bind to cancer cells to deliver targeted chemo or radio therapy and reduce side effects. I'm sure they would deliver vitamin C instead if it worked.
          Last edited by doodab; 14 May 2013, 22:18.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Well the crap jokes have started:

Following her double mastectomy, Angelina and husband Brad have announced they will be ditching their normal title.

From now on they'll be the Pitts with no Tits.

and

What's the difference between a belt and a bra?

Not a lot if you're Angelina Jolie.

Try not to give me too much negative rep..

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

Can someone please post some cheery news?
              Here you go...

Tommy Chong licks cancer

Inevitably he claims it was the weed that did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                I just don't see it as a tough decision - especially when you have six children.
                Same here.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                To be fair, doctors have a duty of care towards their patients, so they probably prefer to recommend treatments that actually have some chance of working rather than a load of complete and utter horsetulip about raw food and vitamins.
                WHS
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
                  I'm assuming some information has been missed out in the reporting if this.

OK, 87% chance of getting cancer. That (as far as I know) doesn't translate to an 87% chance of death. There's still chemo etc isn't there?

Seems a rather drastic tactic to take.
                  That's like saying that you have an 87% chance of getting hit by a bus, but 'might' not be killed by it. If there was a chance to avoid that, you'd probably take it.

Sadly.

I've been recommended to have this test this year, and if I have the gene I would do the same as AJ and lots of other women. I don't want to go through what other women in my family have.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Well epi can make that choice for him/her (but I bet it's a him) self then. Maybe he could have unprotected sex with an HIV-positive man - even though there's a high chance of getting infected, there's no guarantee he'll get AIDS.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      That's like saying that you have an 87% chance of getting hit by a bus, but 'might' not be killed by it. If there was a chance to avoid that, you'd probably take it.

Sadly.

I've been recommended to have this test this year, and if I have the gene I would do the same as AJ and lots of other women. I don't want to go through what other women in my family have.
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X