• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rather sad poor girl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Given her presumed wealth, I wonder whether the operation could have been carried out by cutting out the innards of the breasts and leaving the skin + nippes intact. Then they could stuff silicone in place of the removed breast material, and nobody would be any the wiser.

I guess the problem would be in getting a continuous blood supply to that skin. Or that the breast cancer could possibly start in the breast skin.

Still it is sad news that she has had to have it.

Wow, are you a plastic surgeon?

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
      Wow, are you a plastic surgeon?
      Of course not. But who knows, there might be one reading the forum, and my suggestion might inspire him to try it.
      There again maybe not..

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        the idea that your life is ruined because some soft tissue has been removed annoys me. I just don't see it as a tough decision - especially when you have six children.
        WHS.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          To be fair, doctors have a duty of care towards their patients, so they probably prefer to recommend treatments that actually have some chance of working rather than a load of complete and utter horsetulip about raw food and vitamins.
          How do you know it's horsetulip? Have you tried it? Have you not heard the old saying "you are what you eat"? I think people need to take some responsibility for their own health rather than just relying on what a medical professional may say and do their own research to have a balanced opinion - we are intelligent people on this board so this shouldn't be a shock. Most doctors have no nutritional training at all so how can they recommend something that they know little or nothing about.

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          You sound worse than Manto Tshabalala-Msimang
          Err ... I didn't think so SA's history on health is shocking - Zuma's statement in his HIV/AIDS trial a few years ago says it all really - something along the lines of "If I had HIV and had a shower after sex I cannot transmit HIV to a woman". Some real quackery going on there and letting millions of people down as a result

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          If the 'alternatives' actually worked as well as chemo they would be the standard therapy. Unfortunately chemotherapy is the most efficacious treatment in many cases. The conspiracy theory doesn't hold water, especially outside the US. Do you think their drug companies hold any sway in Iran?

There are alternative therapies with less horrid side effects being developed, the more advanced of them use antibodies that bind to cancer cells to deliver targeted chemo or radio therapy and reduce side effects. I'm sure they would deliver vitamin C instead if it worked.
          I know a few Iranians and the healthcare over in Iran certainly for those that can afford it isn't too bad - western drug companies have a influence out there as well so don't be fooled that the political stance reflects reality. As with many things in the middle east it's very hypocritical. Even in North Korea there are western drug companies however there is a lack of investment in healthcare so the public don't see much benefit.

Medicine is nearly always focused in treating the symptoms but not a getting to the source of the problem. I'm happy there are alternatives to the chemo/radiotherapy route as it certainly isn't reducing cancer rates.

Comment

Working...
          X