• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rather sad poor girl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She doeesn't seem to think she's defined by her tits, and good on her for talking about it. She'll probably have to have her ovaries out too as her mother died from ovarian cancer.
    There's a lot to admire about Ms Jolie.

My cousin has the breast cancer gene but couldn't be arsed with the reconstructive work (she said something about saving money on bras )
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      isn't that a bit like cutting your nuts off in case you get ball cancer

or cutting your legs of in case you get gout

or cutting your head off in case you get brain cancer
      No. It's not "in case" it's "because otherwise I'll almost certainly".
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm assuming some information has been missed out in the reporting if this.

OK, 87% chance of getting cancer. That (as far as I know) doesn't translate to an 87% chance of death. There's still chemo etc isn't there?

Seems a rather drastic tactic to take.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
          . There's still chemo etc isn't there?
          Have you ever HAD chemo?
          Not much fun apparently.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Have you ever HAD chemo?
            Not much fun apparently.
            No I haven't, but I can't imagine it being worse than the surgery she's had.

Comment

Women have their garbonzas tinkered with all the time. It is a fairly routine operation AFAIK.
              She started with a great rack and has ended up with much the same minus the sizeable possibility of developing a condition that is much worse.
              Makes sense to me.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

OK, 87% chance of getting cancer. That (as far as I know) doesn't translate to an 87% chance of death. There's still chemo etc isn't there?

Friend of mine died aged 36 from breast cancer with same faulty gene. Her mum died and grandmother had the same faulty gene. She got BC which was treated, then after the all clear a year later it came back and she was dead within six weeks. Both her sisters got tested and had the same gene and both decided to have their breasts removed as they were told 87% chance of BC. In addition her widowed husband decided to have their 4 year old daughter screened and lo and behold she also has the faulty gene.

I think she was spot on right to do it.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

What she has done is very brave. Taking the softer option of waiting for it to happen on the basis that:

1. It may not happen at all
                  2. Chemotherapy will cure it

Is not a sensible thing to do. She has increased her chances of living considerably and it cannot have been an easy decision for her or her family to make.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    What she has done is very brave. Taking the softer option of waiting for it to happen on the basis that:

1. It may not happen at all
                    2. Chemotherapy will cure it

Is not a sensible thing to do. She has increased her chances of living considerably and it cannot have been an easy decision for her or her family to make.
                    WHS - brave girl but given the limited facts we know, seems to have been the right choice to make for her and her families future. The knock on effect of the additional awareness created in terms of tests and screening is an added bonus.

Comment

Apart the horrors of chemo which may not be successful, there's the cumulative effect of checking everyday waiting for it to happen and the stress of all the false alarms until it almost certainly does.

If it was me and my cock with almost certain cancer I would have the old boy off. He's done his job and I'm very fond of him but at least it would stop the old boner at my desk when I'm bored and start thinking about naked women!
                      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                      X