• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stop these racist rants in this forum ..!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    What goes around, comes around:

What UKIP said +1

Comment

Any one noticed this..?

BBC News - EU Commission launches 'grand coalition' to tackle IT shortage

EU Commission launches 'grand coalition' to tackle IT shortage

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
        What UKIP said +1

Where have they said it?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
          Nope - which is why I am putting across an alternative POV regarding our lighter complexioned brethren from Europe. However, I think yourself et al might do but are disguising it behind your 'views'.
          I don't care what creed, colour or sexual preference my friends and work mates are.

What I do care about are thinly disguised ploys used to undermine a career that I've invested a lot of time and effort in.

I sincerely hope this helps but somehow I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            I don't care what creed, colour or sexual preference my friends and work mates are.

What I do care about are thinly disguised ploys used to undermine a career that I've invested a lot of time and effort in.

I sincerely hope this helps but somehow I doubt it.
            I think that I know what RB is getting at. Day labourers, especially illegals from Asia and North Africa feel disadvantaged because of the influx of unskilled Eastern Europeans. They may have also confused the impact of the EU migration with the impact of economic downturn which in itself depressed earning opportunities of the unskilled.

I am getting a lot of grief from the taxi drivers and such about me being here. They somehow feel the same way about immigration from Poland as you are about ITC and offshoring.
            Last edited by mos; 6 March 2013, 08:55.
            If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
              I think that I know what RB is getting at. Day labourers, especially illegals from Asia and North Africa feel disadvantaged because of the influx of unskilled Eastern Europeans. They may have also confused the impact of the EU migration with the impact of economic downturn which in itself depressed earning opportunities of the unskilled.

I am getting a lot of grief from the taxi drivers and such about me being here. They somehow feel the same way about immigration from Poland as you are about ITC and offshoring.
              I think you'll find that RB is trolling, plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
                What about the crap English people we work with in every organisation we go to? Or the other English people who live generation after generation on benefits? Or our dropping standards of education and increased costs which means we have to import medics from abroad? Or our English Managers who choose to outsource in the first place?
                Note that I said 'and the western managers who've done the outsourcing,'.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

import medics from abroad
                  Just another thing that is sometimes partly inverted logic. Competition to get into medical school is intense and it does not help that 7% of places are allocated to overseas students who get the same rights to progress in the NHS as British students. Also, while an ageing population is probably the major factor, another major reason we need more doctors and nurses in the first place is because of immigration. It is not just about numbers, most major ethnic groups in the UK have considerably worse health on a whole range of conditions from diabetes to cancer.

If people would stop just repeating the "acceptable" ideas and look at the facts they would see that many of the problems that immigration is supposedly solving are partly, or even mostly, caused by immigration in the first place. Why do we need more teachers? More house builders? More infrastructure like roads, power stations and water supplies? In the future plans for water supply in the South East, for example, population expansion is a greater factor than anticipiated global warming.

A long term insidious effect is the destruction of incentive. There is never going to be a perfect match in supply and demand at all times and in every area. If companies are allowed to always look abroad for the quick and cheap option, rather than raise wages to attract more staff, even fewer here are going to see that area as worth entering or training for, even fewer on welfare are going to see any sound financial reason for working instead. In the case of British companies who are outbid by cheap options, they are necessarily going to miss out on the experience of that work and be even less able to compete next time.

Maybe this is all making things cheaper, to the advantage of the better off in our society, the real problem is that we can't lower our wages towards third world levels without taking our society there as well. India, Pakistan, Bangaldesh, Phillipines, Nigeria etc are all very cheap but do you seriously want to live there?
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                  X