• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stop these racist rants in this forum ..!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    At one very large company that heavily outsourced, I developed a way of working that cost the outsourcing company a little more, but overall reduced costs, increased quality and reduced development time. It was rejected by the management as it meant that the business analysts could be also be outsourced... and they didn't want that. They only wanted techy stuff outsourced.
    Close call. Some things should be kept onshore. Clearly this company knew this and ignored you, so fair play to them.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Close call. Some things should be kept onshore. Clearly this company knew this and ignored you, so fair play to them.
      Clearly this company had never crossed paths with you!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Good post.

That is what a respectful person does when living and working in another country. I think if more immigrants took the time to do this there would be much more harmony in the cities and in the workplace.

Is it racist to lament that many incomers don't do this? I don't think so.
        Amazing post! This is exactly what I had to do as well, when I came to uk 5 years ago. And yes, that I means I am going to apply for ILR. Booyah! Pretty sure NLUK will be coming along 'suggesting' the mods to delete all bob accounts now that they have surfaced It's time to change my signature to something bob-like

PS: eww, just found out that I have quoted the wrong post.. Sheesh.
        I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Originally posted by tranceporter View Post
          Amazing post! This is exactly what I had to do as well, when I came to uk 5 years ago. And yes, that I means I am going to apply for ILR. Booyah! Pretty sure NLUK will be coming along 'suggesting' the mods to delete all bob accounts now that they have surfaced It's time to change my signature to something bob-like

PS: eww, just found out that I have quoted the wrong post.. Sheesh.
          <Bobbing Head>May I be offering much advising, plenty cheapness?</Bobbing Head>

Edit your post! That's what I like about Bobs, they haven't a clue, they bollocks it, I fix it.

For a fee.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

Edit your post! That's what I like about Bobs, they haven't a clue, they bollocks it, I fix it.

For a fee.
            Post of the day and it's only 7.50!

Also seems like as I was having to work for a living yesterday I missed a rather interesting thread!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

For a fee.
              No, I am going to keep the post as it is, and you can break your neck by bobbing it
              I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
                It's not about racism. It's about crap non-English people coming over to our country and doing our jobs for less money.
                Nail on the head
                Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
                  It's not about racism. It's about crap non-English people coming over to our country and doing our jobs badly for less money and then expecting us to fix their screwups alongside the day job for the same less money.
                  FTFY HTH
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
                    Nail on the head
                    It's not about racism. It's about crap people making our jobs more difficult for less money.

I really don't care where someone comes from, but I do care when someone's only been selected on price by directors who maintain the myth that their own pay has to be astronomically high to 'attract talent', crap code and crap testing leading to banks that are unable to serve customers for a week, long teleconferences with people who don't speak understandable English and just argue about whether a customer's concern is a change request or a bug, piss poor standards of professional behaviour (hacking in acceptance systems with no permission from Test Managers, faking diplomas and faking test reports). I have had several experiences with Indian IT firms; although I find Indian IT people to be generally no more or less competent than others on an individual level, their management, and the western managers who've done the outsourcing, regularly turn out to be power crazed ****heads with 15th century ideas about women (some of the most competent people I've met in IT are women) and ridiculous power structures based on caste instead of competence. I KNOW there are exceptions to this, and I admire those people.

I think the anger about 'Bobs' is all tied in with a lot of issues about how many western companies are 'managed' and how the western middle classes are being squeezed out of existence by decadent, corrupted and narcissistic senior 'executives' and politicians. Sorry Bob, it's not about you, it's about a lot of things that are happening, and you, unfairly, are getting a portion of the blame.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Re: Stop these racist rants in this forum ..!

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      It's not about racism. It's about crap people making our jobs more difficult for less money.

I really don't care where someone comes from, but I do care when someone's only been selected on price by directors who maintain the myth that their own pay has to be astronomically high to 'attract talent', crap code and crap testing leading to banks that are unable to serve customers for a week, long teleconferences with people who don't speak understandable English and just argue about whether a customer's concern is a change request or a bug, piss poor standards of professional behaviour (hacking in acceptance systems with no permission from Test Managers, faking diplomas and faking test reports). I have had several experiences with Indian IT firms; although I find Indian IT people to be generally no more or less competent than others on an individual level, their management, and the western managers who've done the outsourcing, regularly turn out to be power crazed ****heads with 15th century ideas about women (some of the most competent people I've met in IT are women) and ridiculous power structures based on caste instead of competence. I KNOW there are exceptions to this, and I admire those people.

I think the anger about 'Bobs' is all tied in with a lot of issues about how many western companies are 'managed' and how the western middle classes are being squeezed out of existence by decadent, corrupted and narcissistic senior 'executives' and politicians. Sorry Bob, it's not about you, it's about a lot of things that are happening, and you, unfairly, are getting a portion of the blame.
                      And that is the crux of the problem!

I would add report but can't through Tapatalk.
                      Beer
                      is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                      X