• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jimmy Savile 'household name' sweep

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    With Savile, it sounds as if stuff was reported at the time, dismissed and ignored.

If a girl reported at the time that she was assaulted by Clifford, and it wasn't followed up, then there's clearly a case to answer. If the crime is reported some decades later then there still could be a case to answer, but it's less straightforward as attitudes do change. It could be "He groped my bum and I am jumping on the bandwagon" or it could be "He did something horrible, but I never thought I'd be believed. Now, with all that's come forward, I feel I can report my case".
    but I also agree with Mudskipper - that was much more pleasant.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I have heard it said by a few showbiz industry peeps that Clifford is a pervert.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I'm still waiting for the polar bear in that Bird's Eye advert to be arrested. Popping up in lady's fridges, stalking them in restaurants and that voice! So clear what he is.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          I'm still waiting for the polar bear in that Bird's Eye advert to be arrested. Popping up in lady's fridges, stalking them in restaurants and that voice! So clear what he is.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Nah Pudsey will be arrested first, how do you think he ended up missing an eye...sometimes they fight back
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              I hope he gets off. Some of this happened nearly 50 years ago and it was a different world then. You can't criminally try yesterday's history by today's context, you can only judge it in the subjective sense and move on. He was just over 20 then, he's 70 now. I don't expect you to agree with me, I just think the massive amounts of money being spent on these cases should be used to detect and prosecute current day paedos and abusers, not old men. These aren't war criminals and this isn't Nuremburg. It is a witch hunt though and there are scores being settled here.

I do think Savile was a different kettle of fish and my post doesn't refer to the likes of him.
              WLS exactly

How many 70 year olds who have made a few bob could be in the tulip worrying about all those parties and how many rock stars are gonna be on the rack because they didn't ask for a copy of every groupies passport in the 60's and 70's?

And throwing underwear at people in public could have caused a breach of the peace, Tom Jones could make a killing here

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                This is one of those cases where every i and t will have been checked to ensure that the dot and cross are in place.
                They're actually called the jot and tittle (though the other way around)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Ah the UKIP supporter.

Let's go back to a golden era when women knew their place, eh?

In a forum where tulipe gets regularly spouted this takes the biscuit. You heard of the rule of law?
                  Grow up. Play the ball, not the man. This isn't justice, this is a witch hunt.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    Grow up. Play the ball, not the man. This isn't justice, this is a witch hunt.
                    my instinct tells me that you are probably right. but only probably.
                    If any of those kids were real victims who suffered real damage, I want to see the turd banged up.
                    I think it would be wrong to follow the gut instinct here. lets make certain

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

>You can't criminally try yesterday's history by today's context

Well you can if it was illegal back then, whether it was "something everyone did" at the time is irrelevant in the eyes of the law. There is no time limit.

Comment

Working...
                      X