• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life is good when you dont have any kids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would want to destroy their life by having kids.

Seems many people just do it for the sake of it and don't think rationally about the years of trauma they are about to subject themselves to.
    I've three kids - age 15,17 and 20. There have been stressful moments, but more than outweighed by the joy. When they're young, they're like toys that don't need batteries. When they're older you can have a proper relationship with them. Currently, I'm enjoying being baffled by my son's university maths.

Anyway, it's mine and my wife's duty, as possessors of superior genes to ensure they're propagated into future generations, resisting the march of the morons.

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
    WHS

Surely a contractor can afford a dozen children! A butler! And an unlimited amount of champagne!!! :-)
    Quite. As a contractor, the cost of having children isn't really an issue. Though if you ever sit down and try to work out if you can afford one - don't bother. You can't.

As far as the OP goes, the issue isn't the permie's parental status - it's his permie status.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I guess when you die with no dependents, your estate will go to help prop up the public coffers. That's really kind of you.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        I guess when you die with no dependents, your estate will go to help prop up the public coffers. That's really kind of you.
        Unless it's left to the cats.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Theres a charity that sterilises drug addicts. I'm leaving it to them.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            LOL . brew it baby.

as the autumn nights draw in, mrs eo and I are having discussions. what do we do in 2013?

home brew
            growing tomatoes
            making a nice garden

she will decide. as usual

No reason not to have all three

I bunged my tomatoes amongst the potted plants in my new flower boxes.

The apples are from my own trees and I'll blag the parsnips off a mate who grows his own.

(The orange and grape juice comes from Lidl)
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

With or without kids, I intend to spend an "inheritance". That's what I encourage my parents to do.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                With or without kids, I intend to spend an "inheritance". That's what I encourage my parents to do.
                I suspect by the time most people's parents die they will have little need of that money.

Comment

I am child free & happy with it,

As ever it’s down to the individuals there is no right or wrong,

But it bugs the hell out of me when (mostly) strangers assume that I must either be single or have a medical reason that prevents me form having sprogs
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

I must admit that I am far from what you would call a 'natural father', I was off the rails should we say in my late teens and early twenties and went on nothing but 18-30 holidays etc.

I'm also an only child and self admitedly quite selfish so didn't know how I would cope with kids, even though I was 30 before they came along. Even though they do drive you mad most of the time, are so hard work and demanding when they are very young, I am beginning to see the beauty of having them. As they grow up, like others have said, you relate to them more and enjoy spending time with them.

They're still not tall enough to reach me a Stella from my Husky fridge yet though

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                      I am child free & happy with it,

As ever it’s down to the individuals there is no right or wrong,

But it bugs the hell out of me when (mostly) strangers assume that I must either be single or have a medical reason that prevents me form having sprogs
                      Exactly!!! Jumping to conclusions just because you don't have kids!!! When will people realise there are just some people in the world who hate children!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X