• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life is good when you dont have any kids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I think life is pretty good WITH kids. But that is just me.

Each to their own, and if people have doubts it is best not to have them.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
      Exactly!!! Jumping to conclusions just because you don't have kids!!! When will people realise there are just some people in the world who hate children!!!!

I don't hate children: I just could not eat a whole one
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

I have 3 kids, and without them my life would be unbearable.
        After getting home from a long day at work, being greeted by my young daughter flying at me to give me a cuddle just makes me forget about all the crap I have to go through every single day.

On the flip side of that, if I didn’t have any kids, I wouldn’t have to have a crap day at work because I would have retired at the age of 35.
        But I wouldn’t change a thing. They are my life and I like it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
          I have 3 kids, and without them my life would be unbearable.
          After getting home from a long day at work, being greeted by my young daughter flying at me to give me a cuddle just makes me forget about all the crap I have to go through every single day.

On the flip side of that, if I didn’t have any kids, I wouldn’t have to have a crap day at work because I would have retired at the age of 35.
          But I wouldn’t change a thing. They are my life and I like it that way.
          damn, you upset me with that one. Im divorced and exwife has custody. If theres one thing i miss most its coming home to my son everyday and playing star wars, running round the garden and generally not being a lazy slob sat in front of the tv. You dont know what you are missing till its gone. The things with kids is they become like your best friends.

Nevermind, i just packed in, and decided its time i got out the game and tried to do something where i can be around instead of working away. And then petition for joint custody.

After years of earning loads ive realised having all the latest gadgets and a warchest doesnt add up to a good qualiy of life. Having time with family is waaaay more important. You cant buy back time, but you can delay or not bother with some purchases.
          Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

I have 3 kids, love them to death and cannot imagine a life without them. Seeing them grow, and turn from babys to toddlers, to kids, to teenagers is one of the most rewarding experiences there are. I didn't want kids, but once we did, we thought what were we thinking. Possibly the most rewarding experience one can have in life.

He can afford the vodka, but as someone has already said, he cannot afford the hangover. However, once the eldest is old enough, you can let her take breakfast once in a while and enjoy a couple. I stopped drinking many, many years ago when I realised walking around most of the weekend either hungover, or topping up, wasn't a cracking way to spend my life.

Kids are ace, and as expensive as you want them to be. I come from a family of 8, and didn't want for much, as you don't really need much to have a good life.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
              damn, you upset me with that one. Im divorced and exwife has custody. If theres one thing i miss most its coming home to my son everyday and playing star wars, running round the garden and generally not being a lazy slob sat in front of the tv. You dont know what you are missing till its gone. The things with kids is they become like your best friends.

Nevermind, i just packed in, and decided its time i got out the game and tried to do something where i can be around instead of working away. And then petition for joint custody.

After years of earning loads ive realised having all the latest gadgets and a warchest doesnt add up to a good qualiy of life. Having time with family is waaaay more important. You cant buy back time, but you can delay or not bother with some purchases.
              Sorry to hear that, but to be honest, you look like you know what to do. I wish you well with it all.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                To which I said no, but I have lots of condoms.

And who knows, one day you may even get to use one.
                Although I doubt it.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I you have 3 kids you need vodka. Apply liberally to yourself and to them makes life run alot smoother.

Comment

I've been drunk many times before, at fabulous parties with great people. And terribly hungover in the morning. After a while it is a bit repetitive, and kind of shallow.

But every day with the kids is brilliant, something new and challenging and stressful and so rewarding. And they are so funny!

And they love you unconditionally (more or less...). I would consider getting drunk with work colleagues whom I don't even like that much a poor substitute.

So yes, life is good when you don't have kids, but life is great when you do.
                    Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
                      I've been drunk many times before, at fabulous parties with great people. And terribly hungover in the morning. After a while it is a bit repetitive, and kind of shallow.

But every day with the kids is brilliant, something new and challenging and stressful and so rewarding. And they are so funny!

And they love you unconditionally (more or less...). I would consider getting drunk with work colleagues whom I don't even like that much a poor substitute.

So yes, life is good when you don't have kids, but life is great when you do.
                      Beat me to it. Was just going to say exactly the same thing. A great night out doesn't compare (for me) to getting home and having one of them run up shouting "Daddy!" and giving me a big hug
                      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X