• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life is good when you dont have any kids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And it might only cost you 70p a bottle of potent orange wine (or hippy juice) if you make it yourself.

(I've got the home brew bug.. )

LOL . brew it baby.

as the autumn nights draw in, mrs eo and I are having discussions. what do we do in 2013?

home brew
    growing tomatoes
    making a nice garden

she will decide. as usual

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
      Today at clientco one of the permies chirped up he couldnt afford to get drunk, and I said come on vodka is cheap. To which he said, do you have three children? To which I said no, but I have lots of condoms.

Nice...

I agree, love my nieces and nephews big style but don't want kids of my own. I'm glad the breeders around me realise that it's their fault they've had kids, and while they're in the hole every month my war chest is up another 2k come payday - and that is AFTER living in better style than they do!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        If you can afford to bring up 3 kids, you can afford vodka.
        WHS

Surely a contractor can afford a dozen children! A butler! And an unlimited amount of champagne!!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          If you can afford to bring up 3 kids, you can afford vodka.
          If you have 3 kids you can't afford a hangover. Money has nothing to do with it.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            It is, but we are all going to have to look after each other when we get old.
            Now there's an attractive thought ...
            True, but if that is the only reason you would want kids, i.e. to look after you when you are old and frail, wouldn't that be a selfish act to have children?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              If you have 3 kids you can't afford a hangover. Money has nothing to do with it.
              I can certainly imagine that's true.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                True, but if that is the only reason you would want kids, i.e. to look after you when you are old and frail, wouldn't that be a selfish act to have children?
                Or a clever investment!!!! ;-)

Comment

If you set aside the money spent on the kids, you could afford to hire a full-time carer when you get old.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I got two. The eldest can make a mean G&T and the youngest is old enough to fend for himself until Mrs Bless and I crawl out of bed after a nights boozing.

A healthy level of independence and loving neglect builds character.

Mind you, the schools fees get to the old war-chest after a while.

Comment

You need to man up and take some responsibilty. If you have more than half a brain and good earning potential you should be aiming to have at least 4 kids to balance the breding rates with those that have less than half a brain and no earning potential. 'They' are breeding faster than 'us' typically having 15 year breeding cycle as opposed to our 30 years. If you dont do this, by the time you are ready for retirement the country will have fallen into social chaos and all your pension will be spent on home and personal security and increase taxes. Youll be taxed 50% or more on unearned income like pensions as the majority of voters will be thinking of you as an aristocrat for having any income.

Be afraid, and get kids and teach them how to shoot. My 6 yr old is about to get to find out that a .22 with a telescopic sight can be quit effective as 50 yards if you know how to handle it.
                      Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Working...
                      X