• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London iPhone Queue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the same thing outside the Cardiff Apple store, I would say 85-90% were of Asian origin and Cardiff probably only has a 10-15% non white population.

I'm not passing any sort of judgement but just curious as to why the iPhone 5 is so popular with a certain section of society?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Cos they came and stole all the jobs and to get rich, and spend our money on iPhones.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I was expecting the mix to be more like this :

Soho

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...87_634x450.jpg

Glasgow

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...49_634x421.jpg

5th Avenue (a tourist centre in a country populated almost entirely by recent immigrants)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...80_634x422.jpg

not for it to be entirely Indian.

I suspect that they were paid to queue, if you notice the clothing there are few expensive clothes.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Cos they came and stole all the jobs and to get rich, and spend our money on iPhones.
          that is my favourite for the most asinine & divisive comment for the day.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Dey turk er jerbs!!!

Comment

To be fair we had a fire alarm test last week and the queue to get back in our office looked like that covent garden queue
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                I saw the same thing outside the Cardiff Apple store, I would say 85-90% were of Asian origin and Cardiff probably only has a 10-15% non white population.

I'm not passing any sort of judgement but just curious as to why the iPhone 5 is so popular with a certain section of society?
                Indeed. There must be some reason for this based on social demographics.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  To be fair we had a fire alarm test last week and the queue to get back in our office looked like that covent garden queue
                  Maybe the queue in question is populated with IT workers on tier 1 visa? GO BOB!
                  Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    that is my favourite for the most asinine & divisive comment for the day.
                    Mine too.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X