• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London iPhone Queue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Its a picture showing a queue for a generic device which shows 99.9% of people in the queue are asian, in a country with allegedly 8% ethnic minorities.

Its a fact, you can like it or not but you can't dispute it.
    Where did me talking about Oriental people suggest I was disputing anything?

Since you're so skeptical of the 8%, are you alleging the country is 99.9% Asian? Or do you fail to understand what 8% of the national population means? Because where I live, we hardly have any non-white people; London has our share.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Since you're so skeptical of the 8%, are you alleging the country is 99.9% Asian? Or do you fail to understand what 8% of the national population means? Because where I live, we hardly have any non-white people; London has our share.
      Spent a few days in the Lake District in the summer. The only non-white face I saw was in a Chinese restaurant, so definitely regional variations. Round our way, we have lots of Nepalese people, and even more if you head towards Aldershot.

Comment

It's even more confusing when you remember lots of foreigners have the gall to look just like us.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

No wonder you seem so passe about it.

Comment

Absolutely, if I saw a non-white person I don't know how I'd stand it.

Where's the KKK smilie when you need it?

Comment

I just found it quite shocking and difficult to explain. Possibly I'm racist but I expected the queue for the new iPhone would be established middle class white / African / Chinese meejia types.

These guys look like they are just off the boat and there don't seem to be great shows of wealth.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Thinking they must be poor because they aren't white might be racist. Thinking there are too many foreigners is merely xenophobic.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Spent a few days in the Lake District in the summer. The only non-white face I saw was in a Chinese restaurant, so definitely regional variations. Round our way, we have lots of Nepalese people, and even more if you head towards Aldershot.
                  I lived in Aldershot many years ago is Johnny Gurkha's still there?
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Don't know if I am a rarity, but I actually visited London recently and met a 'Southern person'

It's true, they do look like real people, in fact it's hard to tell them apart
                    the give away is that they can't drink much, they just can't take their ale

poofs

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

When we went we visited a greasy spoon recommend by NickFitz and there was a table of genuine Cockerknee builders behind us, it was like being in a film.

Comment

Working...
                      X