• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3.5 hours on 1 stretch of the M25

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was working at the Porsche test center in the middle of nowhere in the Schwäbisch Alps during winter and the day started bad as the only way I could find my car in the morning was via unlocking the car with the key and looking for orange lights under all the snow. After work I drove into Stuttgart for some food and the papers and on the way back it started to snow again heavily. The traffic on the motorway just stopped, for 20 hours people were stuck in their cars. Luckily I turned off
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I spend two years commuting from Brentwood to Heathrow by car every day on the M25. Usually I spent three hours on the road in total. The train journey was 2 - 2 and half hours each way. It once took me four hours to get home, but that was not usual. Yesterday must have been particularly bad.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I spend two years commuting from Brentwood to Heathrow by car
        TWO YEARS !!!!! Now that is a bad journey !

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          So I had my interview today in Brighton and ended up flying to heathrow and renting a car out (cheapest option). On the way there it was fine, met up with a friend in south London afterwards. Left nice and early only to be faced with perhaps the worst driving experience I have ever had. Countless accidents, lane closures, broken down vehicles. The M25 was literally the worlds biggest car park. I missed my flight by 10 mins and am now shattered. Never again will I go near that hellish motorway ......
          The price you pay chasing those jobs that pay more than £85 a day compared to the current job I suppose
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            TWO YEARS !!!!! Now that is a bad journey !
            Company car (Volvo 940) with all fuel use paid for. Left home about 8:30, got home usually about 19:15. Normally took 1:45 to get to work, and 1:15 to get back - except Friday when it was t'other way round.

Now - contractor - 20-30 minutes door to door, via tram and foot.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I spend two years commuting from Brentwood to Heathrow by car every day on the M25. Usually I spent three hours on the road in total. The train journey was 2 - 2 and half hours each way. It once took me four hours to get home, but that was not usual. Yesterday must have been particularly bad.
              There is nothing left wing or anti US in my posts. In recent surveys; 60% of US citizens said they were against foreign intervention in the Middle East; are they "anti US" ?

The fact is Obama openly stated that innocent bystanders are killed by drones but it is price to pay in protecting the US.

Killings go on every day in the Middle East, it just depends on who commits the crimes when it comes to publicly and condemnation.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                There is nothing left wing or anti US in my posts. In recent surveys; 60% of US citizens said they were against foreign intervention in the Middle East; are they "anti US" ?

The fact is Obama openly stated that innocent bystanders are killed by drones but it is price to pay in protecting the US.

Killings go on every day in the Middle East, it just depends on who commits the crimes when it comes to publicly and condemnation.
                I thyink you may have posted this in the wrong thread...
                If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

I know Brentwood sucks, and carpet bombing is an option in town planning, but I really don't think the Brentwood Massive pose a threat to the US, do you?
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    So I had my interview today in Brighton and ended up flying to heathrow and renting a car out (cheapest option). On the way there it was fine, met up with a friend in south London afterwards. Left nice and early only to be faced with perhaps the worst driving experience I have ever had. Countless accidents, lane closures, broken down vehicles. The M25 was literally the worlds biggest car park. I missed my flight by 10 mins and am now shattered. Never again will I go near that hellish motorway ......
                    This is where my Tomtom HD traffic comes into it's own. It's not always perfect but it guided me around this jam yesterday and my hour and a quater journey only turned into a an hour and a half. One of the best £150 I'v every spent.

Comment

I went to a murder mystery/horror game on an Island off the coast and had to go on the M25 for a couple of junctions. It was a Friday afternoon and a lorry crashed and blocked all 3 lanes. I ended up 6 and a half hours late for the game (despite building in a lot of slack time into my schedule). Kindly the players all waited so we had our 3 course meal served to us at about midnight!
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X