• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Derby House Fire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Derby House Fire

So I'm sure most people will have seen the horrendeous news about the 6 children who died in the house fire over the past few days. As a parent i couldn't comprehend how one would cope losing their child let alone 6!!

I was reading the BBC News website today and it was saying that the fire was started with petrol poured through the letter box so its obviously not been an accident, which got me thinking about what sort of person would do such a thing and for what reason.

The piece then went onto highlight about the dad who's been a bit of tabloid fodder in the past as he's a father to something like 15 kids! He's been on Jeremy Kyle, and as mentioned, in various newspapers highlighted as a benefit scrounging scumbag.

You just have to think whether this tragedy has been somehow brought about by someone who's taken objection to his general lazy scrounging lifestyle highlighted by the media and ultimately 6 innocent kids have paid the price

It just seems weird that this awful thing has happened to someone who has been previously sensationalised in the papers as a good for nothing

Think there is somethign in it? thoughts? conspiracy theories?

Originally posted by zeitghost
    17 - 6 = 11.

Still got a few spare then.
    That's not even funny.

As with most things there is probably much more under the surface than we will ever know, no matter what you may think of the guy he doesn't deserve to have one child let alone 6 taken away from him.

I know I hugged my kids just a little bit harder after the story first came out.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It wasn't meant to be.

It's a statement of cold hard facts.
      Well a statement of cold hard fact is you're a massive <rude word>

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It just proves there are cold heartless bastards who will even stoop the lowest level possible. Maybe the dad was a scrounger but the kids were innocent.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

It wasn't meant to be.

It's a statement of cold hard facts.

And you have to give the poor sod his due, he risked his own life trying to rescue his kids.

People pouring petrol through letter boxes should be strung up.
          I assume editing the post to include the extra text was to appear less of a twat to others?

Yes he risked his own life, as any father would in the same situation

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
            The piece then went onto highlight about the dad who's been a bit of tabloid fodder in the past as he's a father to something like 15 kids!
            Dead wood should be gelded.

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Well a statement of cold hard fact is you're a massive <rude word>
              YESSS!! We can say **** now?

EDIT : Oh It seems not.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Did he court publicity or was it forced upon him?

Either way its a huge tragedy. I hope whoever is responsible is caught and properly punished. Which means being burnt alive. It would mean fewer offenders in future.

Comment

Well a statement of cold hard fact is you're a massive ****
                  No doubt.

The dead are dead; the important ones are the children (& I assume their mothers) who are still alive.

They will need care for years.
                  Last edited by NotAllThere; 17 May 2012, 05:32. Reason: Applied swear filter

Comment

I assume editing the post to include the extra text was to appear less of a twat to others?

Yes he risked his own life, as any father would in the same situation
                    Yes.

No doubt you're right.

Now **** off & die, like a good lad.

Comment

Working...
                    X