• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Derby House Fire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    No doubt.

The dead are dead; the important ones are the children (& I assume their mothers) who are still alive.

They will need care for years.
    Indeed. I have a friend whose wife gave birth to twins. One died. He never did work out if to be happy at the birth or sad at the death.

This father needs to try to pull himself together for the sake of the other children. Not sure how he will manage.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      That's not even funny.

As with most things there is probably much more under the surface than we will ever know, no matter what you may think of the guy he doesn't deserve to have one child let alone 6 taken away from him.

I know I hugged my kids just a little bit harder after the story first came out.
      FFS, that sounds just so.... FACEBOOK!

Comment

I know I hugged my kids just a little bit harder after the story first came out.
        Interesting take on the situation. Personally I never associated the situation with my kids.

Mrs BP still gets upset by the baby P thing. He was born about the same time as baby BP.

Comment

Well a statement of cold hard fact is you're a massive <rude word>
          Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          It just proves there are cold heartless bastards who will even stoop the lowest level possible. Maybe the dad was a scrounger but the kids were innocent.
          What they both say. It's not a laughing matter. He's really going to miss that £80.40 per week.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            What they both say. It's not a laughing matter. He's really going to miss that £80.40 per week.
            Tasteless. You'll do well in the 'states, if you ever get there.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              17 - 6 = 11.

Still got a few spare then.
              A little cruel Zeity - the mother (his current relationship) lost all her children.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                Dead wood should be gelded.

With that number of children, I doubt his "wood" is dead.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It is horrible, but even as a lefty I think that surely he's got to be held slightly responsible. Im really NOT trying to make excuses for an arsonist though.

I mean having so many kids is a risk in itself , especially all in the same house.. How can you manage and look after so many with just 1 adult around most of the time? 7 unsupervised kids in a house is a risk anyway.

A school teacher has a smaller ratio of kids to teachers when out and about than him.

Am I being insensitive? I hope not, I'm just a bit raging that the guy hasn't taken any responsibility on himself - not excusing the arsonist behind this, but the guy goaded the whole country publically about it - and if there had been 2 or 3 in the house, the results might have been totally different.

I can turn up to get slapped at a given location, if deserved - does anyone share my view?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                    It is horrible, but even as a lefty I think that surely he's got to be held slightly responsible. Im really NOT trying to make excuses for an arsonist though.

I mean having so many kids is a risk in itself , especially all in the same house.. How can you manage and look after so many with just 1 adult around most of the time? 7 unsupervised kids in a house is a risk anyway.

A school teacher has a smaller ratio of kids to teachers when out and about than him.

Am I being insensitive? I hope not, I'm just a bit raging that the guy hasn't taken any responsibility on himself - not excusing the arsonist behind this, but the guy goaded the whole country publically about it - and if there had been 2 or 3 in the house, the results might have been totally different.

I can turn up to get slapped at a given location, if deserved - does anyone share my view?
                    Not really.
                    They are two seperate issues and it's an emotional time, so best to keep them totally seperate. This week is a time for thinking about the kids
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

BREAKING NEWS: Father and mother of six children killed in Derby house fire arrested for their murder | Mail Online

The plot thickens
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X