• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Fat Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waist/Hip ratio is supposed to be a better measurement.

Comment

Weight Loss Report Week 1

According to the scales at Boots, in seven days I've gone from 13st 13lb to 13st 6lb.

Dead chuffed with that - 1/2 stone in my first week. I've been cycling to work, no booze, no potatoes and a combination of Weightwatchers and calorie counting.

I expect slower progress this week but I'll stick at it.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        According to the scales at Boots, in seven days I've gone from 13st 13lb to 13st 6lb.

Dead chuffed with that - 1/2 stone in my first week. I've been cycling to work, no booze, no potatoes and a combination of Weightwatchers and calorie counting.

Very well done! But as you say, probably less progress this week. In the first week your carb store tends to deplete so you lose water. Personally I tend to lose bigin week 1, then stay the same in weeks 2-5 as I gain muscle against losing fat.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post

Best to try and lose it slowly, a friend of mine lost weight too rapidly and ended up with horribly saggy skin as a result.

If you lose it slowly you are more likely to keep the weight off.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Best to try and lose it slowly, a friend of mine lost weight too rapidly and ended up with horribly saggy skin as a result.

If you lose it slowly you are more likely to keep the weight off.
            Indeed. I'm not crash dieting though or going mad with exercise (in fact I have a bad back which is one of the reasons I need to lose weight, so can't do much apart from cycling anyway). I expect progress to slow up this week.

One of the things that's made it easier is the missus' cooking - she cooked some great meals last week from various low fat and Weightwatcher cookbooks. It helps a lot as I really love my food.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              People just aren't taking responsibility for their diet or health and then wonder why they are overweight.
              Leading a desk-based life, it's really very easy to go wrong though.

Mmm, fancy some chips now.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I think if I wasn't an IT contractor stuck at a desk then I'd have probably been a crocodile wrestler.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

It's also the case of making an effort to keep fit, but also having the time to do so.
                  Certainly didn't have the time in the UK, 4 hour commute every day and the last thing I wanted to do is to come home and drive half an hour to the gym
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I find motivation for excercise the problem. Especially since my cycle buddies moved away / got new boyfriend. Easy to think "I'll go out later" and never quite get round to it. Need to set myself a goal. Thinking maybe one of those 'sprint' (in my case distance, not speed!) triathlon things.

Went to ClientCo canteen for soup today. Mulligatawny - yeuch. And he had fantastic looking roast pork with all the trimmings (although I did forego the crackling as a nod to the diet). Nom nom nom.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                      Went to ClientCo canteen for soup today. Mulligatawny - yeuch. And he had fantastic looking roast pork with all the trimmings (although I did forego the crackling as a nod to the diet). Nom nom nom.
                      Small salmon sushi salad from Itsu (280 cal) + big pot of edemame beans for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X