• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most Obscure Countries you have visited

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Nobody been to Iraq/Iran?
    I used to live in Iran.... many years ago (Shah was still around).

Senegal, Gambia, Kenya, Tanzania.... Oh and Guinea-Bissau in "African" Africa...
    Tunisia in A-Rab Africa

Saudi (obviously)

Several European.... but not that obscure..

So - I would say Guinea-Bissau would be the obscure-ist.......

Sorry Wurzel - Just saw you beat me to Senegal (I was in the Casamance (sp) region - South of Gambia)
    Last edited by Drewster; 27 May 2010, 20:14.

Comment

I flew through the Azores once.

Looks like Wales...
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        I was in the Casamance (sp) region - South of Gambia)
        It was a bit dodgy down there at the time of my visit (1996)

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
          It was a bit dodgy down there at the time of my visit (1996)
          Only dodgy thing for me was my French accent........ Oh and the fairly nice looking (but probably AIDS riddled) <ahem> lady that kept offering her services night after night.... which considering I was accompanied by my wife I considered a bit "forward"!!!

Her "offers" got more and more explicit and graphic over the three weeks we were there.......

Some of her male counterparts seemed to get more business from some of the "Ladies of a certain age" who were traveling alone............

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post

Senegal, Gambia, Kenya, Tanzania.... Oh and Guinea-Bissau in "African" Africa...
            Tunisia in A-Rab Africa
            Oh yeah, I've done a few of those as well, Gambia, Ghana, Cameroon, Sierra Leone and Rhodesia (when it was still called that) also went to Hammersmith when it declared independance...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

There's lots of weird and wonderful countries & obscure islands/places around the world which I don't seem to be able to have time to visit now.

Places I would still like to visit are Peru, Easter Island and Pitcairn Islands. So what would you consider the most obscure countries(or obscure island/principality) you have ever visited

I'll go for Bhutan, Laos, Burma, San Marino & Greenland.
              The wife has just given me a free pass to go to Peru and Easter Island for a month without her or the kids. What's she up to???
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The wife has just given me a free pass to go to Peru and Easter Island for a month without her or the kids. What's she up to???
                Holy thread resurrection batman

Comment

As hints go, that's not what you'd call "subtle" is it?
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Morocco.

The Arabians was always bugging my male colleagues to swicth me with camels.
                    My colleagues never let me to go to the toilet alone.

Comment

Oman. Lovely place.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X