• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most Obscure Countries you have visited

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I went to Wales once. Lost to Liverpool. Didn't like it. Went home.
    Fortunately, the following year we beat Chel$ki ("don't worry, it's only Ray Parlour...Oh $h1t"), and the year after that Southampton, and 2 years after that ManUre.
    Wales ain't such a bad place...
    If Wales get to the Final, we the English may as well avoid ever crossing that bridge again. It'll take 50 years for them to stop laughing at us.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      If Wales get to the Final, we the English may as well avoid ever crossing that bridge again. It'll take 50 years for them to stop laughing at us.
      I hope they do.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I hope they do.
        +1 . Its nice for them to have something to look forward to.

Of course they would not show us the same courtesy.

Comment

If Wales get to the Final, we the English may as well avoid ever crossing that bridge again. It'll take 50,000 years for them to stop laughing at us.
          FTFY
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The wife has just given me a free pass to go to Peru and Easter Island for a month without her or the kids. What's she up to???
            There's no such thing as a free pass.

I did the Inca Trail in 2014. Highly recommend, but you need to get reasonably fit. (The quarry trail is supposed to be just a good, and a lot less busy).

If you book with Intrepid, you can pay with Tesco vouchers - they often do a 4x deal.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              There's no such thing as a free pass.

I did the Inca Trail in 2014. Highly recommend, but you need to get reasonably fit. (The quarry trail is supposed to be just a good, and a lot less busy).

If you book with Intrepid, you can pay with Tesco vouchers - they often do a 4x deal.

Stuff that, they can winch me up.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Unless there's more to do on Easter Island than there was in the late 1980's, I wouldn't stay more than a couple of days.

I liked Chile, Peru, Ecuador and Argentina. Paraguay and Bolivia less so though La Paz was OK. If you can make it to the Galapagos, do.
                England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                  Unless there's more to do on Easter Island than there was in the late 1980's, I wouldn't stay more than a couple of days.

I liked Chile, Peru, Ecuador and Argentina. Paraguay and Bolivia less so though La Paz was OK. If you can make it to the Galapagos, do.
                  And if you don't make it back, even better.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Zambia for me with work, and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                      Zambia for me with work, and loved it.
                      Yeah, was there 5 years ago (as well as Botswana and Namibia)
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X