• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most Obscure Countries you have visited

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been to Denmark. Cycled over from Dover to visit some Danish mates I'd been backpacking with 10 years ago.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Easter Island, French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Lesotho, Malawi, Lebanon, Isle of Man
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingdom View Post
        Albania, Lesotho, Uruguay
        Fond memories of Uruguay - highly recommended
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

The Vatican... for my sins.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            The Vatican... for my sins.
            Anyone been to Mecca???? (and no jokes about Bingo!)
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              No but I met an engineer who had been there to fix something. They smuggled him in at night to do the job. Oh, another engineer went to Beirut when they were flinging bombs around there. I think he got danger money for that.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                No but I met an engineer who had been there to fix something. They smuggled him in at night to do the job. Oh, another engineer went to Beirut when they were flinging bombs around there. I think he got danger money for that.
                I went to Beirut between the wars. It was lovely. It's just a shame it's next to some nutters that insist on knocking the tulip out of it every now and then.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Intend to once I've bought the B-52
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Really enjoyed Bolivia and Peru.
                    Not sure if that was to do with those leaves I chewed
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      I went to Beirut between the wars. It was lovely. It's just a shame it's next to some nutters that insist on knocking the tulip out of it every now and then.
                      Spent about 5 weeks in Beirut from Jan-Feb 1995. Quite liked it.
                      East Berlin before the wall came down was also quite surreal, although that trip was only for a few hours.
                      The Andaman Islands off the East India coast was a blast too.
                      The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus was like going through a timewarp.......but quite pleasant and cheap!
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X