• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Staying Away: Hotel Tips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I've stayed at Beaumont this summer. Wasn't bad. Shame about the roadworks nearby making the bus journey absolute tulip.
    Great Dover Street are the ones I booked. South of the river but so is this office.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Great Dover Street are the ones I booked. South of the river but so is this office.
      That's the good thing about them - plenty of locations. Stayed at the one at Hoxton last year, handy location 5 minute walk from Old Street tube.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

For those that have managed to get one of the chains to give you a better long term deal, what is the best approach?

Usual hotel is closing down so my choices are between a Travelodge which usual price is about £76 a night or Premier Inn which is about £100 a night when booked a month in advance, I am paying about £50 a night at the moment, would it be reasonable to expect getting them down near this number?

How much commitment do they usually want? I assume "long term" they will be expecting 3 months+? Do they usually ask for payment up front?

Going to speak to them both tonight but want to be armed with a bit of info first.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I tried and failed to get a block booking with Premier Inn (South Mimms). They weren't really interested.

I found with Travelodge, cheapest is to book about 4 weeks in advance. Further ahead than that and it gets more expensive, strangely.

Premier Inn have good deals in winter. I stayed Jan/Feb/March 2013 for about £15 per might. When they announced that price on the Internet, I booked the whole lot. Kerching. Then it went back to 60/70.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            For those that have managed to get one of the chains to give you a better long term deal, what is the best approach?

Usual hotel is closing down so my choices are between a Travelodge which usual price is about £76 a night or Premier Inn which is about £100 a night when booked a month in advance, I am paying about £50 a night at the moment, would it be reasonable to expect getting them down near this number?

How much commitment do they usually want? I assume "long term" they will be expecting 3 months+? Do they usually ask for payment up front?

Going to speak to them both tonight but want to be armed with a bit of info first.
            I've found it easier to get better long term deals from smaller local hotels and B&B's. Negotiating with a place down here for the next 6 months. £45 per night for 2 nights a week. Double ensuite room, 10 mins from Client CO.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
              I tried and failed to get a block booking with Premier Inn (South Mimms). They weren't really interested.
              I had exactly the same with Premier Inns. They just said use the website so did what DaveB did and got a much better deal in much better place.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Same here. When I've been staying in hotels, I've simply been mixing it up between Travelodge, Premier Inn and lastminute or booking dot com
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Always ask for a room with a bath and a separate shower if they have one, you get a bigger room for the same price!

Comment

Originally posted by Featureme View Post
                    Always ask for a room with a bath and a separate shower if they have one, you get a bigger room for the same price!
                    What about a desk big enough to do two hookers at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by Featureme View Post
                      Not necessarily as they may have had to increase the size of the bathroom by reducing the size of the bedroom in order to incorporate these features. I hate hotel rooms that only have a bath, seeming prevalent in the UK
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X