• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Staying Away: Hotel Tips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
    What's the latest in staying near Canary Wharf?
    I need something mid-term and I am a little bit torn between B&B, renting a room, flat.
    What are some nice areas that are near but not too near and easily commutable both to the wharf and the local airports?
    Surely this place, at the foot of the athlete's village.

http://www.eastvillagelondon.co.uk

Catch a direct bus from Stratford to Stansted. Or a couple of stops on the DLR to City Airport.

Comment

Originally posted by robpow View Post

East Village London E20

Catch a direct bus from Stratford to Stansted. Or a couple of stops on the DLR to City Airport.
      Thanks. That's 10 stops on a crowded DLR, but might be worth a punt...

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
        Thanks. That's 10 stops on a crowded DLR, but might be worth a punt...
        This is London, "crowded" is redundant

Comment

This week I packed a new travel kettle, sporting two stacking plastic mugs with two plastic teaspoons.

I brought instant drinking chocolate, green and black teas.

I fully intend to put the pint of milk I shall purchase later in the mini fridge to keep cool.

A kettle makes a big difference.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by robpow View Post

East Village London E20

Athlete's foot ?

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
              Athlete's foot ?
              Boom!

Comment

Free Wi-Fi 24/7 @ PremierInn - Hot UK Deals
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

But its absolute bobbins.

Been staying in a Premier Inn 2 nights a week since Late last year. Was originally 1/2 hour free then £3 for 24 hours.
                  Always got 40 meg download speeds, no connection problems

3 weeks ago they switched over to free with £5 per day for 'Ultimate' - Free is 0.5 meg and ultimate is 2.5 meg. Both with frequent connection problems & disconnects.
                  Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                    But its absolute bobbins.

Been staying in a Premier Inn 2 nights a week since Late last year. Was originally 1/2 hour free then £3 for 24 hours.
                    Always got 40 meg download speeds, no connection problems

3 weeks ago they switched over to free with £5 per day for 'Ultimate' - Free is 0.5 meg and ultimate is 2.5 meg. Both with frequent connection problems & disconnects.
                    Yep had exactly same problem. The free option is as close to unusable as it can come. Utter joke in this day and age.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                      May have a possible 2/3 weeker in Dublin coming up, any recs on flights and hotels?

Did a conf a few years back and I remember it was cheaper to go out RyanAir and come back air lingus. Or other way round.

qh
                      Flights are cheap as chips aren't they? I'd pay the extra not to fly ryanair TBH. Try Airbnb. There are some really nice looking places advertised on there for Dublin.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X