• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is how to sort out the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I was psyching myself up for a long response, commenting upon most of the things you said.
    I'm shocked you're even bothering to give it the time of day.
    The guy seems to think that the UK has a constitution, a clear sign of an ill read internet loon

I would go on but fear of evoking Godwin's Law prevents me.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

I would go on but fear of evoking Godwin's Law prevents me.
      You mean the one about mentioning Nazis?

DOH!

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        You mean the one about mentioning Nazis?

DOH!

now that you've lost may I continue?
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Dog's Heinous View Post
          This is how I would sort out the UK...

.....Blah blah......

Rule Britannia, and God save the Queen!

Dog's Heinous
          Tellin' it like it is!
          This tells us all we need to know about why the UK won't get sorted. There are too many people with "all the answers" who simply don't have the power of logical thought, let alone coherent expression.

Comment

Like architecture, just because it ain't modern means it's tulipe. Then again, because it is modern it really is tulipe, but no one has yet said so.

Comment

2) Secure the boarders
              Well, if they're paying you ten bob a week for the First Floor Back (clean sheets Tuesday) and a kipper for breakfast, you really should guarantee their security

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Looks like a lot of that came from the BNP and UKIP manifesto
                Conservative manifesto more like (I stumbled on this thread after spending the last hour or so reading through much of the Tory policies).

Comment

Originally posted by lukeredpath View Post
                  Conservative manifesto more like (I stumbled on this thread after spending the last hour or so reading through much of the Tory policies).
                  Yep, nearly as right wing. Look who their bosom buddies are in the EU parliament...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

This is how I would sort out the UK...

Constitution

1) Withdraw from Europe so that the UK is no longer bound by European laws and can no longer be controlled in any way by Europe (ie stop people taking the UK for a ride at the European court of human rights etc). This one comes first because it paves the way for all the other changes - people would not then be able to go crying to European court to override the rest of the stuff on this list. Human rights are important, but so are the interests of the majority. It's a balance. So lets make up our own laws about that, which we control.

Tellin' it like it is!

Presuming that you are not on the list to be selected as an MP; you have delusions on grandeur.

Prior to making a complete ass of yourself, go an learn about the differences between the EU and the European Court. The EU is not the European Court and if we come out of Europe then like Norway and Russian (who are not in the EU), they are still bound by the rules of the European Court.

You make some good points but you have lost you case by diluting your good points with utter trash that can only come from an illiterate Daly Mail reader tape change monkey.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Do you drive a taxi by any chance?

Comment

Working...
                      X