• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is how to sort out the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 Reintroduce national service. In my day we didn´t complain or expect all sorts of ‘human rights’; we knew our place and we did our duty!

14 Bring back the birch! It’s the only way to sort out the youth of today. 20 lashings across the buttocks and we can foster the kind of obedient, subservient athletic young fellows who’ll be more than happy to serve their country in far flung corners of the Her Majesty’s somewhat depleted Empire, crushing seditious Scots and doing favours for OAPs!

15 Introduce mandatory ‘read the Daily Mail and have a good whinge about immigrants’ sessions in all workplaces at 6 o’clock sharp every morning. Latecomers to be dealt with accordingly (see point 14).
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 10 December 2009, 10:28.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Dog's Heinous View Post
      Restore accademic standards
      I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        I agree with cutting red tape, but most police officers would rather spend more time doing real detective and preventative work than randomly walking around just in case they happen to see a crime being committed. The whole concept of having more bobbies on the beat is deeply flawed, does nothing to reduce crime, and is expensive.
        Bobbies on the beat is pro-active policing as opposed to the current re-active policing tulipe.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
          Why not go the full hog and have chain gangs ?
          Good idea, will add that to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Ignorant, self-regarding cretin.

HTH
            Talking to yourself again.

Comment

I certainly agree with speaking minds stuff as long as it is not encitement to hatred.

Democracy should be about a balance of views and we don't get that if one viewpoint is simply ruled out before the debate even begins. Objection to high and poorly controlled immigration as racism or to EU membership as xenophobia are the most obvious examples.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Dog's Heinous View Post
                if it weren't for America's help in WW2, I might be speaking German now instead of English!
                Yes, but probably quite poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Yes, but probably quite poorly.
                  Actually, he probably would have classed as "useless to society" and sent to the gas chambers
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    Prior to making a complete ass of yourself, go an learn about the differences between the EU and the European Court. The EU is not the European Court and if we come out of Europe then like Norway and Russian (who are not in the EU), they are still bound by the rules of the European Court.
                    Please elaborate, I would image that EU Court rulings would have the same weight as Balsa wood in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Addanc View Post
                      I would image that EU Court rulings would have the same weight as Balsa wood in Russia.
                      Russian court rulings have about the same weight as balsa wood in Russia.

Comment

Working...
                      X