• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice periods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you probably won't be able to finish the work perhaps providing a framework of how to complete the task will be useful i.e. follow these steps.

I was once describing a report I'd finished, that needed UAT, to a buxom colleague in the middle of the office and advised her that "I've chested, er, tested it myself"

Comment

Finish the job.
      Good for your self esteem and professional pride.

as far as the scouser is concerned, well that depends on whether you are happily married or not

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        So... get over it, admire the bazongers and remember halcyon days

Oh, if I had a quid for every missed opportunity....... I'd have £5 by now

P.S. Seriously for a sec, well done for resisting.

<geek>I assume she's not Borg (in which case, resistance is futile!)</geek>
        Hold on... Did I miss something here? Where did the thread jump from SY01 asking a laudable question regarding professionalism during the end of a contract to him resisting the charms of a large pair of norks?

I think Dickie is the person to blame for the swerve...
        Last edited by cojak; 30 July 2009, 07:03.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

My advice would be to be extremely careful as an affair at work can backfire very easily. When you meet choose a location where no-one knows you, and wear a hat and dark glasses just in case.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            My advice would be to be extremely careful as an affair at work can backfire very easily. When you meet choose a location where no-one knows you, and wear a hat and dark glasses just in case.
            <fingersinears>
            La la la, la la la, la la la la
            </fingersinears>
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Sorry to hear the news about your leaving

I'd complete the job as much as you can, and do a good handover. It won't be forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                <fingersinears>
                La la la, la la la, la la la la
                </fingersinears>

...and eyes squeezed shut, I would imagine...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

He's just been canned, and most of the content of his post was a diatribe about some vunerable bird in the office . You're p1ssed as you've only got a week left to get in there.

If I had a week notice, I'd spend it on the phone securing my next contract, not worrying about a pair of tits and a shiitty database.

Comment

It's not all bad.

Just broke the news to a few permie colleagues as they might need to know stuff before I go. After the obligatory surprised and shocked responses, one commented on how I was the first contractor "in a long while not to leave under a cloud". Apparently there is a track record of contractors getting hacked of and jumping ship.

To that end that have organised dinner for next Monday night. Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                      He's just been canned, and most of the content of his post was a diatribe about some vunerable bird in the office . You're p1ssed as you've only got a week left to get in there.

If I had a week notice, I'd spend it on the phone securing my next contract, not worrying about a pair of tits and a shiitty database.
                      2/10 for trolling. Pathetic.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X