• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice periods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mentioned norks in the other post...
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      I am happily married.
      Then just make sure you're not put in a position you don't want to be in. And don't talk about your kids to try to put her off; it makes a horny, dumped and desperate-for-consoling woman even randier to know you're fertile.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Then just make sure you're not put in a position you don't want to be in. And don't talk about your kids to try to put her off; it makes a horny, dumped and desperate-for-consoling woman even randier to know you're fertile.
        This is the first time I've ever taken a thread seriously. It would not matter if she were Claudia Schiffer in cling film on a cold day, I am HAPPILY married.

Er indoors is me best mate like. Long term plans an all.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I am HAPPILY married.
          So you said, about 10 times.

So either put her off, or do the deed. Stop trying to convince us, as if we're trying to egg you on

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            So you said, about 10 times.

So either put her off, or do the deed. Stop trying to convince us, as if we're trying to egg you on

bad man.

Not a chance. End of.

Comment

bad man.

Not a chance. End of.
              So... get over it, admire the bazongers and remember halcyon days

Oh, if I had a quid for every missed opportunity....... I'd have £5 by now

P.S. Seriously for a sec, well done for resisting.

<geek>I assume she's not Borg (in which case, resistance is futile!)</geek>

Comment

Who would just loaf?
                The question is how much of a difference can you make to completing the job between now and Monday?

If the answer is that you can finish it, then I would finish it.

If the answer is not very much really, then I would loaf.

If the answer is somewhere in between then .... I assume you still have a hotel room booked for Thursday night?

I am happily married too, but that does not mean to say I would completely rule out some "no-strings-attached fun".

The downside with this approach is that whatever they might say, women rarely want to stop at that and then it might get a bit awkward explaining things to the Mrs once this "no-strings-attached fun" person turns into a stalker that you can't get rid of.

And then you have to explain to your children why mummy and daddy don't live together any more.

Best not to risk it really.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                  The question is how much of a difference can you make to completing the job between now and Monday?

If the answer is that you can finish it, then I would finish it.

If the answer is not very much really, then I would loaf.

If the answer is somewhere in between then .... I assume you still have a hotel room booked for Thursday night?

I am happily married too, but that does not mean to say I would completely rule out some "no-strings-attached fun".

The downside with this approach is that whatever they might say, women rarely want to stop at that and then it might get a bit awkward explaining things to the Mrs once this "no-strings-attached fun" person turns into a stalker that you can't get rid of.

And then you have to explain to your children why mummy and daddy don't live together any more.

Best not to risk it really.
                  FFS

Comment

......... I am happily married.

I repeat.

I am happily married.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much!

Bored.

Comment

I am right in the middle of writing a web service that abstracts a f******g awful database. I have a good knowledge of the database (which I have documented for clientco) and am 80% of the way through writing the new SOA abstraction layer they have asked for.

Who would just loaf?

Wouldnt do that if I were you - just keep on working - I find one always meets people twice in life - best to leave with a good impression.

Good luck whatever you do - hope something comes your way soon,

Comment

Working...
                      X